Contributor

Where can I find recipe for Meatloaf with Mustard and thyme ?

A few weeks ago on David's show they were all tasting a meatloaf that was supposed to

have dijon mustard and thyme in it.....I can't find it and I'm beginning to wonder if I just dreamed it!...I checked both David's and Meredith's recipes and don't see it...can someone point me in the right direction?  ...thanks in advance for your help

Honored Contributor

Re: Where can I find recipe for Meatloaf with Mustard and thyme ?

Well here's one. Not sure it is the one you seek but...http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/meatloaf-recipe0.html

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's a recipe forFrench Meatloaf that's been posted here on the forum a couple of times, @JerseyJ .  If it's the one you're looking for, it sounds delish!Woman Wink

French Meatloaf 

2 lbs. ground beef 
2/3 c. dry bread crumbs  
2/3 c. chopped shallots  
2/3 c. Gruyere cheese  
3Tbsp. Dijon mustard  
1/3 c. milk  
2 tsp. thyme  
4 eggs, hard boiled 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Pack 1/2 of the meatloaf mixture into a large, greased loaf pan. Lay down the hard boiled eggs on top in a center row lengthwise, end to end. Cover with remaining meatloaf mixture so eggs are completely covered.

Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
Spread 2 more Tbsp. Dijon mustard on top and bake an additional 25 minutes until done.
A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

I think that you could pretty much add a bit of Dijon and an herb to any standard meatloaf recipe. You'd just want to make sure the addition would be complementary to the recipe.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is Meredith's Basic Meatloaf recipe. She uses a ketchup & brown sugar glaze on it. I don't know if the recipe you are referring to used this recipe but a different glaze with mustard or not since I did not see the show. You could ask her on Facebook. From what I saw when I looked online the Dijon & Thyme Meatloaf recipe is in her 4 qt pressure cooker cookbook.

Meatloaf - The Basics - YouTube  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBYkpvFyO7w

Meatloaf
Serves 8

Ingredients:
1 cup rolled oats OR fresh breadcrumbs
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 pounds meatloaf mixed ground meat (1 pound beef, ½ pound pork, ½ pound veal)
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 eggs
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
6 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar

Directions:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350˚ F.
2. Place the oatmeal and milk in a large mixing bowl and let the oatmeal soak while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
3. Pre-heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and then cook the onion and garlic until tender, but not browned – 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to the bowl with the oats and milk.
4. Add the ground meats, spices, parsley, eggs and Worcestershire sauce to the bowl and mix everything together with your hands just until everything is combined. Transfer the mix to a sheet pan and shape the mixture into a loaf shape of sorts.
5. Bake in the oven for 60 to 75 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer registers 160˚ F in the center of the meat. After 60 minutes of cooking, combine the ketchup and brown sugar in a small bowl and spread this on top of the meatloaf for the last ten to fifteen minutes of baking. Let the meatloaf cool and then slice and serve.

Respected Contributor

Could it be this Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf? It's from ITKWD. It's meatloaf and it's got Dijon mustard in it.

http://www.qvc.com/BaconCheeseburgerMeatloaf.content.html

Respected Contributor

Oooops, no thyme in the Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf.

Respected Contributor

BTW, you're welcome.

Recipe is in Meredith Laurence new cookbook, "Fast Favorites under Pressure". I just made it last night. YUMMY with a little tang. I cooked it in my new 4 Qt. pressure cooker. Loving it.Heart