Esteemed Contributor

Re: When you make a baked potato...

@HLP wrote:

@tucsongal wrote:

Rubbing your potato with olive oil after you ****** it with a fork works pretty well in the microwave as it gets a little bit crispy.

Ha, wondered if that would get edited. The word is pr!ck😁

Yes, Mods are so sensitive, and in my opinion silly. I was writing about a xxxxx willow and it was xed out. I think most people on these forums are adults , and know what people are saying. I xed this myself. Neither word is offensive unless your minds in the gutter., and these are both ligitamate words.

@HLP - Actually, the forum system has a built-in "nanny filter" that automatically censors potentially inappropriate words—no human intervention required.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

the best way to bake a spud is in an airfryer. they are truly the best ones I have ever eaten. 

@wagirl    How do you fix them?

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 ---I rub them down with olive oil and salt and pepper--my fave part of a spud is a crispy peel---poke them all over. Set my airfryer to either airfry or roast at 390* and let er rip---I set the timer for 45 minutes, more if needed,  but they will continue to cook as they sit and there you go! I use big spuds too--prob each is a pound. DD and I will make a meal out of spuds with all sorts of stuff to add to them, like broccoli, cheese, mushrooms, onions, peppers ---and maybe even leftover meats too. I do fingerling size spuds too--the same way except not so much time needed.

Honored Contributor

I rarely if ever eat a baked potato.  I love them but I'm not a fan of a microwave baked potato and I don't want to heat up the oven for 1 potato.  My favorite way to eat them is done on the grill but again, I don't want to waste all that gas for 1 potato.  

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom   You and I are on the same page with the olive oil & kosher sea salt!  Can you believe how awesome the crispy skin is?  

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@PA Mom-mom   You and I are on the same page with the olive oil & kosher sea salt!  Can you believe how awesome the crispy skin is?  

@BornToShop  Totally worth the extra steps! (and the oily hands Smiley Wink)

Trusted Contributor

I also love the oven method with olive oil and kosher salt.   Never ever ever do I wrap in foil as it steams the potato to make it have a boiled potato texture, not the fluffy baked.

Frequent Contributor

I had a potato sack from craft fair.  It set on fire 2nd time I used it.  Caught it before it burst into flames but it was smoldering and charred.  

Super Contributor

I make them in the instant pot

They come out yummy 

Contributor

Bake to internal temperature of 210 degrees.  Perfect every time.