Honored Contributor

Re: When you make a baked potato...

@Desertdi In Phoenix, you could probably bake it on the windowsill. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi In Phoenix, you could probably bake it on the windowsill. 

@Kachina624     No Kidding!  I once tried "sun tea" out on the slab...and it got way too strong in a very short time.  (I think it simmered.)    Ugh.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@J Town Girl  Do not like microwave potatoes. Having said that, I do start them in the microwave for about 2 mins. then transfer to oven. This cuts down on the cooking time. Another great way to fix them is starting off again in the microwave. After the 2 mins are up put a little olive oil and sea salt on them, wrap them in foil and put them on the hot grill for 30 mins. The skins get charred and krispy, inside is fluffy. 

Super Contributor

@PA Mom-mom  We do ours the very same way.  Not wrapping in foil makes for a delicious skin and fluffy potato.  We don't make them as often as we used to unless we grill out.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl ..............I dont like my food cooked in a microwave either, not even reheated.

I do my baked potatoes in the oven, wash them, cover the skin with veggie oil and wrap in foil and bake for an hour.   I have also baked them in my slow cooker and skip the tin foil.  They are just as good as oven baked. 

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

Rubbing your potato with olive oil after you ****** it with a fork works pretty well in the microwave as it gets a little bit crispy.

Ha, wondered if that would get edited. The word is pr!ck😁

Yes, Mods are so sensitive, and in my opinion silly. I was writing about a xxxxx willow and it was xed out. I think most people on these forums are adults , and know what people are saying. I xed this myself. Neither word is offensive unless your minds in the gutter., and these are both ligitamate words.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@J Town Girl  Do not like microwave potatoes. Having said that, I do start them in the microwave for about 2 mins. then transfer to oven. This cuts down on the cooking time. Another great way to fix them is starting off again in the microwave. After the 2 mins are up put a little olive oil and sea salt on them, wrap them in foil and put them on the hot grill for 30 mins. The skins get charred and krispy, inside is fluffy. 

I do the transfer myself from microwave to oven it I am running out of time or just decided at the last minute to have a baked potato.  Otherwise, it is oven all the way for baking those spuds.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

What is a microwave?  I don't have one.

Honored Contributor

the best way to bake a spud is in an airfryer. they are truly the best ones I have ever eaten. 

Trusted Contributor

Oven cooked baked potatoes for me.