Respected Contributor

Re: When you don't feel like cooking

some nights a bowl of cereal or eggo waffles.  Sometimes it’s watermelon, a few triscuits/cheese.  Or a couple pieces of pb toast.  It been hot!  And I sure have had a few lazy dinners.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm wondering if you're cooking a big dinner everyday, or are cooking 3 meals a day! I make one meal a day....hubby fixes his own cereal or whatever he wants for breakfast, and I do the same for me. For easy meals, I make tuna salad and slice some tomatoes - he makes his own sandwich. Or, I make egg salad, or put out some deli lunch meat and cheeses for sandwiches. He makes his own and he's perfectly capable of doing that.

He loves tuna casserole, so I buy frozen Stouffer's - a few minutes in the microwave and it's done and taste great. There's always grilled cheese and tomato bisque soup. Sometimes we order a pizza and salad. Manwhich sandwiches are always easy and takes me about 20 minutes or less and there's enough for 2 meals.

The heat doesn't bother me since my AC is always on and I don't go outdoors when I don't need to.

Honored Contributor

I eat cereal. I could eat cerealy anytime.

Respected Contributor

Even though it is still technically cooking something, several times I have fixed breakfast for supper.  Neither the husband or I eat eggs or a big breakfast routinely so it is something a little different that doesn't take that much time or effort to get on the table.  lol  Usually it is simple like scrambled eggs, smoky link sausages, and toast.  But it works.

With all the homegrown tomatoes in season now I have also fixed tuna stuffed tomatoes.  Little effort that doesn't heat up the kitchen in addition to being cool and refreshing.  Will usually also have various sliced melons. 

Speaking of which, one night I had fresh melon slices (cantaloupe and honeydew)  & berries with a cheese and cracker plate.  It was blazing hot that day with high humidity.  So it hit the spot along with a big pitcher of iced tea. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Frequent Contributor

Kraft mac and cheese in the blue and yellow box is complicated enough for those nights.

I agree!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mayflowers wrote:

When you don't feel like cooking, what do you eat?  I am so tired of cooking, especially in this heat.  Any suggestions?

My favorites take out:

Chinese, or Italian from locally owned mom and pop restaurants.  No contact delivery.

Crab in garlic chili sauce.

Fried prawns.

Bbq pork, chicken, shrimp, or beef won ton soup.  Or combo won ton soup.

Shrimp or lobster in lobster garlic sauce.

Chicken, shrimp, bbq pork, and beef combination chow mein, chow fun, or fried rice.

Tomato beef chow mein.  Hong Kong style.

Egg foo young.  Shrimp , lobster, chicken, or bbq pork add ons.

Sweet and sour Peking pork chops.

Salt and pepper pork spare ribs.

Beef with shiitake mushrooms.

Moo shu pork, chicken, or shrimp.

Wok stir fry Chinese string beans and shrimp, beef, pork or chicken with garlic chili sauce.

Pot stickers, and egg rolls.

Linguine with clam sauce.  Red or white.

Ciao de Pepe.

Veal scallopini with porchini mushroom sauce.

Risotto (whatever the special of the day is).

Steak Florentine.  With side of sautéed spinach.

Grilled lobster.

Osso Buco. 
Spaghetti or rigatoni with meatballs or ala Bolognese.

Chicken Milanese.
Chicken Parma.

Pizza.  Pepperoni, sausage, black olives, red onions, red and green bell pepper, and mushrooms, garlic, red pepper flakes, and extra oregano.  
Pizza with clams and garlic.

I order just one entree for dinner.   I have left overs for another day.  👍

~Life is short.  Eat well.  Because you are what you eat.~  

Honored Contributor

Salad, Sandwich, Fruit, Cheese & Crackers, Smoothie, Cereal etc.

Picked up a smoked tri-tip from the local meat market Sat. Made some au jus so we can slice thin to eat on hawaiian sweet rolls. So good & easy with no cooking except the au jus which only takes a mins to make.

When we buy the tri-tip we can eat meals at least 3 days & DH can take some to work. He eats potato salad & beans with it I eat fruit with it. The meat market makes different things on different days so if we don't feel like cooking we can pick up something there. It does come in handy when it's hot.