Respected Contributor

Re: When are poster's on ALL the forums...

What crosses the line from expressing a strong opinion and being hostile or bashing is not just saying something is "hideous" or "ugly" but having to throw in the statement that "only an idiot would...." or "nobody looks good in...." and one of my favorites "brainwashed QVC shoppers...."

There is only ONE reason anyone would include those statements, and it's not an "innocent" faux pax, it's an intentional slap at anyone who likes the product.

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 RJL-DLL 75 said:
On 1/27/2015 Sooner said:
On 1/27/2015 faeriemoon said:

Probably around the same time posters learn when to use the apostrophe.

And you my dear, are a prime example of what I am talking about! Why the need to say hurtful things? Are you so perfect that you can sit in judgment of others? Very sad!

You are doing that, why can't others? Why do you start things like this to stir the pot? Aren't you sitting judgment of others? It amazes me how people so often don't see the irony of posts like this.

I guess you are another basher...right??? Thought so! You were bashing David on the other thread. Saying how you were so embarrassed watching him in front of your husband. If you don't like David or you feel embarrassed to watch him in front of your husband (which seems a little odd) don't watch him. That does not excuse you for bashing him. Some people love to watch him and some don't. Change the channel.

No, I can express my opinion of him as a host on this board without any excuse from you. That is why the discussion board is here--to discuss. I don't agree with the meanies, but having an opinion is fine--even if expressed in terms I might not like.

I did not say I disliked David as a person, I did not say he was a bad or mean person or a liar. I said I didn't like to watch him. You don't like my posts and expressed it. You are not seeing my point here. If you say my opinion is "bashing" then so you are "bashing" by expressing an opinion of me.

People on tv put themselves out for their performance to be "judged" (as on a talent show people are "judged"--on performance not on damning their soul to hades) by those who watch. David is just a tv host to me. I don't know him or have any opinion about him personally. I just don't like OR watch his presentations. I like other hosts on cooking shows better. Those shows I enjoy. I don't like the silliness and juvenile behavior associated with ITKWD, and I wish they would vary the hosts on Sunday.

I used to love to watch David but not any more. If you are offended by that, I don't know what to tell you except get over it. It is an OPINION board here. Don't read if you don't like.

Frequent Contributor

Bullies don't think they are being bullies...SOME think they are giving "constructive criticism", and yes, some posts are not an outright bash. Some are more like juvenile "valley girl", meets the "mean girls".....Just a bunch of bantering about "OMG, look at that hair", "OMG listen to her voice", "OMG she says she's a size Large", "OMG did you see how he held that wine glass ?", "OMG, I think she just insulted ?????"(insert name).....But so many of the posts are just down right mean, unnecessary, and rude.....We are supposed to have anti bullying campaigns in our schools, yet grown adults on a home shopping channel forum can't ,(or won't) lead by example.....Some comments are extremely disturbing, considering they are coming from another adult (and usually female)...... There is no mistake(for me) that naming a host, and saying "she has UGLY feet", or "ugly hands" is a bash, very juvenile, and very hurtful to the person the comment is directed towards. It serves no purpose, but apparently strokes the ego of the person who started it, because they can kick back and read all the other "adoring"comments from others who agree, and they all have their little "justification banter" ready and waiting. I have been told by Q posters, that the world isn't "all sweetness", (obviously), but we don't need to try and go in the opposite direction either....Its disconcerting to think its easier for some to be Unkind, rather than kind, or just quiet. Try putting one of your family members name on a host bash thread, and see if you still think that the comment you made, and the comments of others, are still "fine by you"....Just my 2 cents....

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:

Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever stop. The claims that "I have a right to express my opinion" will always justify the bashing in the basher's minds.

Your right and you have made many good points with your other posts here today. I come to these once in a while. I usually don't stay too long because I know some here (not all) thrive on this stuff and they love to argue it. My advice to someone who is just starting posting is to just see it for what it is and stay with the "safe" people. Safe people know when they have stepped over the line and try to do better or even apologize. Unsafe people just hurt you and, either don't care, or don't want to change. Either way...I limit my exposure to them. Life is just too short to let them take up too much of my energy. I do hope they get a clue before they find themselves old and lonely and wonder why they have no friends.

Respected Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Scotnovel said:

If I worked in a management and was responsible for host positions at QVC, I would want to know the viewers true opinion of the hosts, not some Pollyanna version.

You could argue that as long as a host is selling a high $$ volume of products then obviously everything is OK. However, we all know, that a lot of products would sell no matter who the host is. If a particular host's on air behavior turns away customers, QVC needs to know that so they can properly evaluate that employee. For that reason, I have no problem posting my opinions about a particular host's on air behavior.

I do agree though that some of the posts here go beyond true issues. There is a significant difference between criticizing David for the amount of vacation time he takes (yes there have been a few posts about that) versus his on air behavior that some may believe is juvenile & causes them to switch the channel.

It is also interesting to me that the people who say that if we don't have anything good to say then we should stay quiet are the ones who are, in fact, criticizing those of us who just want a chance to express our opinion. You are certainly entitled to your opinion as are we all.

I'm sure QVC corporate doesn't take stock of the trivial and mean-spirited comments. $ales rule.

Contributor

...don't feel bad, I thought the Lemon posting was about the sourpusses...my bad.

Valued Contributor

Thank you to webbie for closing the Dave V. bashing thread.

Respected Contributor

On 1/27/2015 FastDogWalker2 said:
On 1/27/2015 ury said:

{#emotions_dlg.mellow} Picture yourself sitting at the lunch table in middle school. Students are making slamming comments about kids who walk by as well as their teachers and principals. And they're making fun of cafeteria workers and custodians. They do it because they're insecure and unaware of their actions. Or they just don't care if they hurt people. Fast forward 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 years. Some of us evolve. Others don't want to evolve or see the need to, or as Buck says -- they defend their right not to evolve. Neighbors, church community, cohorts at work, some family members and former friends -- the globe is loaded with people who defend their right to be mean. You are outnumbered - HA!

How sad, but true.

Exactly, bullies in school that never grew up!

Hi RJK-DLL75,

You hit the nail right on the head my friend!

Some bullies are just plain mean, nasty, vindictive, envious, miserable, unkind, and hate it when they see someone happy, and their life very fulfilling, or enjoying their job and then having the audacity to display that enjoyment, or reading someone got engaged or married and they respond as though it is a crime to be joyous and happy.

This does not only pertain to host bashing, what about the bully groups here on numerous categories.

They get together and start their attack and go on and on, and the more they attack the more they make it obvious that they are bullies, especially when they stalk that person again and again, on totally new threads. (Talk about not having a life).

I especially find it very interesting when they stalk someone from one thread to another and the person does not answer their posts and ignores them which I feel is the best thing to do.....When they keep continuing to post additional nasty posts and display bully tactics QVC cuts them off at the pass.

Mob tactics never work because everyone can see right through these people who display openly just how miserable they are, and enjoy spreading their misery everywhere instead of having a life and being adult enough to know, if a subject arises which they won't, like just silently move on.

It's easy to be a bully when you are in a group that is what is really pitiful. (Misery loves company).

Having a respectful healthy productive difference of opinion is one thing, but when it gets real personal and ugly, then there is no excuse for that whatsoever.

When QVC zaps the thread the bullies wonder why.....It is their own nasty mean replies which continue on and on, and turns a happy experience thread into a miserable invasion of a group of bullies, and that is when QVC cuts them off at the pass and removes the thread.

Best way to handle is just ignore and move on. Life is just too short to deal with these bullies and that is how QVC feels too since they remove those type of activities to end the continued bully tactics and disrespect of others.

If someone chooses to disbelieve something fine no one is forcing anyone to believe against their will, but on the other hand there is no reason why that should make a group of so called adults become a group of bullies.

Bottom line is bullying accomplishes only one thing and that is to force QVC to put an end to the thread to stop that type of immature highly unacceptable behavior.

Take care my friend, and I hope to see you more often on the forums.

Respected Contributor

On 1/28/2015 RJL-DLL 75 said:

Thank you to webbie for closing the Dave V. bashing thread.

Also thank you Webbie for closing all bully type bashing threads.

Respected Contributor

I have never ever not even one time ever bashed a host on QVC. I feel they are men and women who are trying to do a job presenting products the best of their ability. They are working to earn a pay check for the hours they work. It is not my place to find fault with the way they present products, the way they express them selves, the way they dress etc. I am the consumer and if I like or want what they are presenting then I order it. Or else just watch the program. The person whose job it is to find fault with what they are doing wrong if they are doing some thing wrong is the person who hired them. It is their job to call them into have a talk with them and point out to them what they need to change, not me.