Honored Contributor

Re: When are poster's on ALL the forums...

On 1/27/2015 faeriemoon said:
On 1/27/2015 RJL-DLL 75 said:

Probably around the same time posters learn when to use the apostrophe.

And you my dear, are a prime example of what I am talking about! Why the need to say hurtful things? Are you so perfect that you can sit in judgment of others? Very sad!

I have judged no one. Smiley Happy

OMG I can not make up my mind of the OP is a school teacher with a snow day or a student with a snow day

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

I disagree that expressing a negative post about a host is bullying. These people put themselves out there, get paid to talk on TV, and should expect to be scrutinized and criticized. If they don't like it, they can get another job.

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 vancouverUSAgal said:

I disagree that expressing a negative post about a host is bullying. These people put themselves out there, get paid to talk on TV, and should expect to be scrutinized and criticized. If they don't like it, they can get another job.

I agree. You have to take the bad with the good.
Valued Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Scotnovel said:

If I worked in a management and was responsible for host positions at QVC, I would want to know the viewers true opinion of the hosts, not some Pollyanna version.

You could argue that as long as a host is selling a high $$ volume of products then obviously everything is OK. However, we all know, that a lot of products would sell no matter who the host is. If a particular host's on air behavior turns away customers, QVC needs to know that so they can properly evaluate that employee. For that reason, I have no problem posting my opinions about a particular host's on air behavior.

I do agree though that some of the posts here go beyond true issues. There is a significant difference between criticizing David for the amount of vacation time he takes (yes there have been a few posts about that) versus his on air behavior that some may believe is juvenile & causes them to switch the channel.

It is also interesting to me that the people who say that if we don't have anything good to say then we should stay quiet are the ones who are, in fact, criticizing those of us who just want a chance to express our opinion. You are certainly entitled to your opinion as are we all.

It is one thing to express one's opinion. Its altogether another thing to bash someone just to be hurtful and say things one wouldn't say to another's face. You can stand behind your right to give your opinion all you want but, it does not excuse hurtful words directed at another person. Its very easy to say hurtful things and insult a person when hiding behind the computer, and it is easy to forget that it is a real person you are saying these thing to.

Valued Contributor

On 1/27/2015 I am still oxox said:

And you my dear, are a prime example of what I am talking about! Why the need to say hurtful things? Are you so perfect that you can sit in judgment of others? Very sad!

I have judged no one. Smiley Happy

OMG I can not make up my mind of the OP is a school teacher with a snow day or a student with a snow day

And you are a prime example of a bully. Thank you for making my point....well done! And BTW, I am neither. Just someone who cannot understand why people like you get a kick out of bashing and bullying other people.

Honored Contributor

I totally agree with vancoverUSAgal .

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 FluffyCat said:
On 1/27/2015 brewhaha said:

When everyone agrees with everyone else.

And that'll never happen.

I hope not. It will be very boring if that happens.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Scotnovel said:

If I worked in a management and was responsible for host positions at QVC, I would want to know the viewers true opinion of the hosts, not some Pollyanna version.

You could argue that as long as a host is selling a high $$ volume of products then obviously everything is OK. However, we all know, that a lot of products would sell no matter who the host is. If a particular host's on air behavior turns away customers, QVC needs to know that so they can properly evaluate that employee. For that reason, I have no problem posting my opinions about a particular host's on air behavior.

I do agree though that some of the posts here go beyond true issues. There is a significant difference between criticizing David for the amount of vacation time he takes (yes there have been a few posts about that) versus his on air behavior that some may believe is juvenile & causes them to switch the channel.

It is also interesting to me that the people who say that if we don't have anything good to say then we should stay quiet are the ones who are, in fact, criticizing those of us who just want a chance to express our opinion. You are certainly entitled to your opinion as are we all.

It is one thing to express one's opinion. Its altogether another thing to bash someone just to be hurtful and say things one wouldn't say to another's face. You can stand behind your right to give your opinion all you want but, it does not excuse hurtful words directed at another person. Its very easy to say hurtful things and insult a person when hiding behind the computer, and it is easy to forget that it is a real person you are saying these thing to.

I never said that it is ok to "bash someone just to be hurtful". My point is that if the on air behavior is objectionable to me, I have every right to express that and if I were a boss that is something I would want to know. Saying someone needs to go on a diet or their hair, makeup, or clothes makes them look bad is bashing. Saying they jump around, sort of sing and dance too much rather than telling me about the product is called constructive criticism. I wouldn't buy anything from a brick and mortar store if the clerk was jumping up and down and making faces when I wanted info about a product so why would I put up with that from a TV retailer.

Honored Contributor

And not a moment sooner...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I'd also note there are real differences between reasoned expressions of critical opinion and 'bullying'. REAL differences...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...