Honored Contributor

When Was The Last Time You Used Your Biscuit Cutter!

I was in my measuring cup drawer and came across my biscuit cutter!  I did make biscuits years ago, but now I don't keep self rising flour or "in date" baking powder.  

I love biscuits, my hips don't!

Respected Contributor

Re: When Was The Last Time You Used Your Biscuit Cutter!

I love biscuits too, but just cannot eat them as often as I would like.  I would gain back all of my weight loss.......😉😉

When I do make them, I use a whipping cream recipe and I just pat out the dough and cut it into squares.  I do not like to redo the scraps left when I use a cutter.  They seem to be tougher and not quite as nice as the initial biscuits that are cut.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Valued Contributor

I use my biscuit cutter pretty often. Not as much when I am really working on my weight. And when I make them I only eat one occasionally. They are so good!

Regular Contributor

My biscuit cutter belonged to my grandmother so is about 100 years old. It is still in good shape and a couple of times a year I make biscuits. I would never part with it.

Regular Contributor

At least once a year as our Christmas morning breakfast is always sausage gravy and biscuits.  My husband makes the biscuits and I make the gravy.

Respected Contributor

Never, since I don't own one LOL.

Honored Contributor

I have always used different size drinking glasses depending upon how big I want the biscuit.  I have never owned a biscuit cutter 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Ive made many biscuits in my time but I've never owned a biscuit cutter.  I have a small glass, the kind refrigerated cheese spreads come in, and it makes what I consider the perfect size biscuit.  I've used these for many years. 

I keep a box of Bisquick on hand for a few quick biscuits or other things that can be made with it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I have always used different size drinking glasses depending upon how big I want the biscuit.  I have never owned a biscuit cutter 

I do that, too. The thing I do have that I have never used is a donut cutter.

Honored Contributor

Never

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man