Respected Contributor

Re: When I hear the hosts name all the people they buy gifts for, I realize that I

I know what those homes and properties look like in and around West Chester, PA.   Those hosts can afford to be that generous, and so can some others in the good ole USA.   Not me, I'm just your average every day person working and doing what I can to pay the bills and have a little saved for the future, and a little for treating my self here and there.   

Honored Contributor

Re: When I hear the hosts name all the people they buy gifts for, I realize that I

@BirdieGal wrote:

Yep, sales tactic for sure. Sureeeee....I also buy for the checkers at the grocery store, the clerk at UPS store, my Pharmacist, my doctor and allll his assistants, every neighbor on my block, my local barista, my pest control guy, my vet, my lawyer (well okay, maybe him) my financial advisor, the guy who detailed ours cars last week....

And on it goes...

Is this a joke post?

Honored Contributor

We never have the same mail carrier two days in a row. Altho I think this year we will give a gift to our vets office. The workers and doctor have been so kind to us and it has been a tough year for us-pet wise. We will probably give a plant.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

@makenaa talented salesperson will generate sales and keep their jobs viable with suggestions to customers as to why they need an item . 

Respected Contributor

1.)    I wish I had an extra closet to designate as a "gift closet", so I could store gifts to be  given out through the year.

2.)     I don't know enough people who would  NOT rather receive a practical gift of cash or  gift card for a grocery store or gas station, instead of ...........well, you name the gadget being sold on air.

Honored Contributor

I think that is so funny---Chaz was doing that very  thing with his gross shampoo TSV--he wanted you to buy a few sets cuzz then you can give it away to the UPS guy, the mail carrier--(his words)---what a joke !!!

Esteemed Contributor

Just recently I was watching JRT and she said that everyone loves her because she always give a KitchenAid Mixer as a gift for bridal showers! I think that would be quite some gift!Woman Surprised

Trusted Contributor

For sure a sales tactic, an incredibly stupid one. My best guess is that most qvc customers are good middle class folks that are keeping there heads above water after 2008. Come on QVC , we are a little more intelligent than you give us credit for.

Honored Contributor

@sommertime wrote:

Just recently I was watching JRT and she said that everyone loves her because she always give a KitchenAid Mixer as a gift for bridal showers! I think that would be quite some gift!Woman Surprised

That's quite a gift.  I think JRT also suggested one year to gift the teacher  a Dooney handbag.  

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking I must be cheap!  Only gift immediate family members and tip no one.