Respected Contributor

Re: When Did You Last Do any "Baked Goods"?

I bake fresh bread every other week.  Use half first week, freeze the rest for the second week.  I love baking.  It's a peaceful thing for me to do and I love the quality and knowing what's in my cookies, pies, cakes, and breads.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoy baking and do it year round.  At least every couple of weeks I bake 3-4 dozen chocolate-chip cookies.  My children and grandchildren know I always have some in the freezer.  I also bake mini-loaves of banana bread, blueberry bread and muffins (weekend treats or give to friends/family)....those not to be eaten right away go into the freezer.  Although I have a big sweet tooth, I have no problem staying away from the cookies...unless I get a craving!  I only take a few out at a time for DH.  The rest stay in freezer otherwise they dry out.  On special occasions, I will bake cakes or pies. 

@Mombo1...thanks for reminder about Apple Crisp...another DH favorite....will try with that combo of apples.

Esteemed Contributor

I made a strawberry muffin mix in a shallow pan that made a bar cake for breakfast this last week!

Trusted Contributor

@walker wrote:

I enjoy baking and do it year round.  At least every couple of weeks I bake 3-4 dozen chocolate-chip cookies.  My children and grandchildren know I always have some in the freezer.  I also bake mini-loaves of banana bread, blueberry bread and muffins (weekend treats or give to friends/family)....those not to be eaten right away go into the freezer.  Although I have a big sweet tooth, I have no problem staying away from the cookies...unless I get a craving!  I only take a few out at a time for DH.  The rest stay in freezer otherwise they dry out.  On special occasions, I will bake cakes or pies. 

@Mombo1...thanks for reminder about Apple Crisp...another DH favorite....will try with that combo of apples.

@walker   If I want to be really creative...I also add Granny Smith Apples to the mix...I make this for my brother and he always says "You really make a mean apple crisp". 😄

Guess that's a compliment.  🤗

Honored Contributor

I baked a cake in August, cookies 2 weeks ago, and will make my husband a pound cake later this week.  At this point in life my attitude is "calories be damned!"

Super Contributor

I made an Apple Spice Dump cake Thursday evening.  Shared a helping of it with a friend who doesn't do much cooking.  She loved it & even asked for the recipe.

Honored Contributor

I don't bake much except when my bananas are too ripe--yesterday made bread with them, but forgot that when you bake in glass you need to lower the temp--- so I burned both loaves and couldn't save them!!! Had to dump them in the garbage----ooooooohh--so mad at myself!!!

Super Contributor

I haven't baked cookies, etc. for months due to hot weather in TX. Didn't want to do anything to add heat to the house or use a lot of electricity. I'll be baking a lot in the fall/winter months. I love to have the windows open and the smell of something good in the oven wafting through the house.

Honored Contributor

I have always baked often..lately I have been cutting back, but I always have coffee cake in the freezer.  We have coffee cake for breakfast on the weekends.

Honored Contributor

this weekend I baked a pumpkin wacky/crazy cake----put mini choc chips  in it--have a recipe from my Gram that I've used for years and that thing is crazy moist and delicious---this one is that way too