Respected Contributor

Re: When Did You Last Do any "Baked Goods"?

I bake for my husband and brother in nursing home.  I have David's cookies on hand and toss in a few every so often.  That's how I roll.  I do bake cookies at Christmas time from scratch.  I do not want those calories either.  

I gained weight during pandemic and have taken it off now and plan to keep it that way.

I bake for them and have no problem passing.  

Respected Contributor

Even though I love to bake, I only bake around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Don't want the extra calories. 

Honored Contributor

I used to be a great baker but haven't made anything for more than a few years.  Nobody to eat it but me and I hate cooking in my kitchen.  Its just not worth the aggravation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I made a batch of keto corn muffins this past Thursday.  I'll be making an assortment of keto muffins and keto chocolate chip sheet pan cookies this week. 

Trusted Contributor

I bake at least once a week. I always bake a small loaf of banana bread, chocolate chip bread, or something like cinnamon streusel. My mother currently is in hospice care. I also bake for her and her caregiver some cookies about every two weeks. Baking makes me happy and makes my home smell good too.

Valued Contributor

I bake a lot. I usually have some sort of quick bread that I have made in the freezer. I bake a lot to send off as gifts for the Christmas holidays. To me it is relaxing.

Super Contributor

Last week I made Commissary Chocolate cake for a friend.  I only eat a sliver.  For myself I baked fig muffins and breakfast bars with all my special flours and sugars to hopefully keep my weigh down!  Figs, I was told to pick by a neighbor who is away!  I froze some and will ask her if she wants any upon her return.

I always bake at Christmas for my daughter and grandchildren.  Several times a year I will make the chocolate cake, lemon bars and seasonal pies!  I also do Quiche, with my low fat items.  Leftover meat or poultry sometimes will go in a pot pie.  Just how I was taught.  I am 71 so it sort of keeps me busy!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  I always bake pies and bread for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. Other than that, I bake in the fall and winter because.... I don't know. Today was the first time I have baked since Easter. I made the two ingredient pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips. Not very smart, because we just bought a shoo fly pie at the local farmers' market this morning. I plan to distribute the pumpkin muffins to the neighbors tomorrow morning. Sunday coffee!

Honored Contributor

I haven't baked in so long I can't remember☹️☹️☹️

I've always enjoyed baking for us and others, especially for special occasions -- life this past few years has changed immensely.  

We no longer entertain as spouse illness has stopped any gatherings.  Right now, my focus has been on him although baking and cooking was really such good "therapy" for me.

I don't even think in my baking pantry I have the ingredients.  Although, he did ask me to make chocolate chips for him (I haven't as yet).  Neither of us are big dessert eaters -- and I cook so little now that Sundays has become our "big meal" for the week.

In fact, we didn't even have bday cake this year (I usually make it) - first time in years I think we missed!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  This week, I baked a Devil's Food Bundt Cake with a

macaroon filling and vanilla icing for my son's birthday.

I don't bake as often as I did when my children were growing up and still living at home.