Honored Contributor

When Did You Last Do any "Baked Goods"?

I can bake, but don't want the calories.

The last time I baked a "goodie" was Christmas.  All holidays after Christmas I bought at Fresh Market!!! (That would only be Easter)!

Honored Contributor

Re: When Did You Last Do any "Baked Goods"?

I think I made muffins once in my 72 years but that's the end of my baking experience!!

Trusted Contributor

Last weekend I had company here at the lake so I made a coffee cake for breakfast one day and caramel rolls another day.  I also baked a pan of brownies.  I bake cookies and brownies occasionally when it is just my DH and me.  I can usually leave them alone.  It's the salty snacks I have trouble with.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG   I don't really bake often...but... I do make a yummy apple crisp if I do say so myself.  Just got all the ingredients today.  I like to combine Honeycrisp and Mackintosh apples with a lot of cinnamon.  It always comes out great.  Plus the house smells like fall while baking.  🍁🤗

Honored Contributor

@Mombo1 

That sounds nice, but I am not a fan of cereal.

We live in apple country, Gerber used to have a baby food factory here, and DH does this.  It's really good if it has a lot of apples.

Unless it's a holiday, I don't have flour in the house.

Concord Foods Apple Crisp Baking Mix Pack of 2 8.5 oz Boxes

Honored Contributor

I don't bake often anymore, but once in awhile I get the urge. I'll bake something simple like apple or pumpkin bread. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I bake about once a week or so. Last item was a lemon cream cake with blueberries and topped with cream cheese icing. It was yummy.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

I made homemade biscuits this morning. I don't make them often but they are so good. I only eat half of one. My husband loves them. He needs to gain some weight so he can eat them occasionally.

Esteemed Contributor

It's been so long (years) ago that I would have no idea. I'm not much for dessert or bread so I don't make and rarely eat them. I do bake casseroles though. .🤣
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

Hello.  I hope it's ok to chime in.  Now that I no longer work and have no young kids at home, I'm doing all the little things I've wanted to do.  Today I made my very first cake from scratch.  I can count on one hand home many times I've baked in my life.  

I baked a blueberry sour cream Bundt cake.!  Delicious!