Valued Contributor

Re: When Did You Buy Your Last Refrigerator AND......

Mine is  5 yrs. old, does have a butter keeper, I keep my butter in a Butter Boat on the counter and I love it...

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

We bought ours in April of this year and yes we have a butter keeper but never use it for butter. We sometimes keep misc packets of ketchup, Mayo etc.

@Meowingkitty 

Thanks.  If you use butter, where do you keep it please.

I keep it in the tub it comes in. I do use the butter keeper occasionally for sticks of butter but I buy Land of Lakes in the tub. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We use soft tub butter for bread; stick butter is used for cooking and baking, so we do not use a butter dish.  I keep stick butter in the freezer until I need it.  

The main GE refrigerator has storage in the door for a butter dish; my husband keeps his insulin there.   

Our back up Frigidaire refrigerator bought last year also has in the door storage for a butter dish.  Trucker daughter has claimed all the door storage space.   

The Whirlpool refrigerator in the garage is mainly used for drinks, and trucker daughters food.  It also has butter storage in the door but has never been used for that purpose.   

None of the 3 have door storage for eggs.

Respected Contributor

I just bought my GE about a month ago. Yes, it has the domed compartment in the door for butter, but I don't use it. No compartment for eggs. The only thing I don't like about it, is there is no light in the darn freezer which my 25 year old Kenmore had. Guess it's now in pricier models.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG 

As for tall bottles, we keep a few empty ones in the fridge for when we need to split a very large bottle of wine.  We keep the bottles lying on their side on a microfiber cloth on the very bottom shelf....it nicely accommodates the tall bottles, filled or not.

HTH

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

I bought a new refrigerator a couple of years ago. It's a side-by-side with a cheese/ butter window. There's no egg window but I don't like eggs so I just put them away in one of the fridge drawers. My favorite refrigerator had an unusual partial shelf with a slightly rounded center. I asked the salesman it the shelf was for eggs. "No," he said. ""It's for wine." "SOLD!" I said. It was a great feature.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

We bought ours in April of this year and yes we have a butter keeper but never use it for butter. We sometimes keep misc packets of ketchup, Mayo etc.

@Meowingkitty 

Thanks.  If you use butter, where do you keep it please.

I have a butter keeper, only keep boxed butter in it. I bought a butter bowl from Amazon, that fits down inside a bowl with cold water. it sits on my  counter and I always have soft butter to spread. I love it, can't or don't know how to send pictures, but the place you put the butter looks kike  an egg shape. I buy butter in Quarters, so two quarters sooften a little is pressed down in the egg shape bowl.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  I am so glad you asked about this, as i am starting to look into replacing my 18 year old  refrigerator. A lot of them seem to no longer have a small storage area with a door for butter or eggs. I never used mine for either one, but have been diabetic on insulin since early childhood. I have always stored my insulin in the butter compartment. Easy access dedicated clean space for insulin or other medications people my need to refrigerate. I had been so disappointed that most no longer have this feature. Will be looking for some of the models people here mentioned.

Valued Contributor

We bought a Fridge in 2021 and there is definately a butter dish area.

Honored Contributor

bought my last refer in the mid  90's----had the freezer on the bottom and had a butter tray, in fact 2 of them but no egg tray.