Honored Contributor

When Did You Buy Your Last Refrigerator AND......

[ Edited ]

.....do you have a butter dish area?

Our 2 yr old refrigerator didn't have a butter window or egg window.

The butter dish just hit the floor, although. we have tall bottles in front of it!  I guess I don't use a lot of tall bottles, geeeeee!

Super Contributor

Re: When Did You Buy Your Last Refrigerator AND......

[ Edited ]

@ECBG   I most certainly do. Every morning around 4:15 I have buttered toast.

Honored Contributor

I bought my refrigerator (GE) in late December 2021.  I assume this is the butter dish.  Only shelf with a cover. I've never put anything in it. 

97390D72-225F-4DAC-A128-203C0CF0B8D2.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Four year old Samsung - no butter or egg compartment provided. I like the icemaker.

Esteemed Contributor

We bought ours in April of this year and yes we have a butter keeper but never use it for butter. We sometimes keep misc packets of ketchup, Mayo etc.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

We bought ours in April of this year and yes we have a butter keeper but never use it for butter. We sometimes keep misc packets of ketchup, Mayo etc.

@Meowingkitty 

Thanks.  If you use butter, where do you keep it please.

Honored Contributor

I had to look and it was 2018.  Yes, it has one of those compartments in the door with the domed sort of clear plastic cover that  you lift up.

I don't put butter in there, however, as I have the cube I'm using in a L&L in a cool cabinet because I like it a bit soft.  The rest of the ones I have in the freezer, also in L&L.  Smiley Happy

Funny thing - When I was looking at the manual for this new refrigerator I discovered something hilarious.   There is this narrow, horizontal, pull out compartment in about the center (that I love, btw!) and in the manual they put 'panty drawer'.  I have a feeling they meant 'pantry drawer' (I guess - as odd as even that sounds).  Here's the pic of that page (look near the bottom) - 

Smiley Very Happy

P1140390.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG We bought a new refrigerator about 9 months ago - no butter dish.  I now keep butter and margarine on a shelf in the refrigerator, not on the door.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

my newest one is about five years old.

it does NOT have a butter keeper and i dont think i have ever had a refrigerator with an egg keeper/compartment? i am not even sure what an egg keeper is?

i keep my butter dish in one of the pull out drawers.....where i also keep some cheeses, hummus,  and bacon fat.

i cannot tell you how many times my son has broken my butter dishes and they were stored in my older refrigerator in the butter keeper lol.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought my refrigerator in 2010. It has a butter compartment in the door which has a plastic roll-down window. No dish came with it but my butter dish fits in there just fine, along with a few extra sticks of butter.

No egg keeper.