Super Contributor

When Did Fiestaware Stop Being Marked as Fiesta?

[ Edited ]

I gave my last Fiestaware dish set to a relative many years ago when we moved and finally decided to buy some again. I just got my order from JCP and noticed that not all of the pieces are marked with Fiesta on the bottom. Some pieces are marked 'Fiesta', some are marked 'Homer Laughlin Fiesta' and some are marked 'Homer Laughlin China'. All of my last set was just marked with 'Fiesta' on the bottoms. When did the labeling change?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: When Did Fiestaware Stop Being Marked as Fiesta?

Fiesta backstamps have changed over the years. The best source is always Homer Laughlin.

Honored Contributor

We’ve collected Fiesta for a few years and the pieces have either Fiesta or Homer Loughlin China. I never noticed before.

Honored Contributor

Same here--have both stamps on mine, however I am a new convert as of 2 years ago---and just got a notice that my order of the new Meadow color, is being shipped and I get i tsoon. Can't wait !!!

Trusted Contributor

I have some that are unmarked which I purchased in the last 10 years.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @Wahoogaz, how exciting to receive your new fiesta dishes!

I think my first purchase was 2011.  As others here have mentioned, there are different backstamps.

My jumbo cups have the ink stamp marking, and it is marked Homer Laughlin China, lead free, Since 1871, USA.

A dinner plate also has an ink back stamp:

Homer Laughlin China Co, Fiesta, USA, and Lead Free.  The ink backstamp on the dinner plate (and other pieces) also has the date code.  One of my plates is marked ZZB which is the year and quarter of production.  ZZ indicates 2011, and B means the 2nd quarter of the year.

I just took a look at one of my rice bowls, or also called footed bowl.  This used to be a Dillard's exclusive, not sure about now.  This has an impressed (not ink) backstamp, and is marked with a capital F, HLC, USA.

One of my small platters, impressed backstamp of HLC, fiesta, USA.

One of my individual pasta bowls, impressed backstamp in a circle design, fiesta, HLC USA.

This is probably more than you wanted to know!  I think it is very interesting that HLC uses the date code on some of the pieces.  It is valuable when identifying some of the colors.

Enjoy your Fiesta Ware!

Super Contributor

Thanks for all of the responses.

I guess the set I had that was all marked the same was the anomoly ... not the current pieces that have different markings.

Honored Contributor

I guess I have my dishes 5 years or so and the back is stamped Fiesta Homer Laughlin China Co. made in the USA. Have not bought anything recently, hope it's still made in the US.

Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99, yes, fiesta dishware & bakeware is made in the USA!

Honored Contributor

Very interesting ladies!