Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whats everyone cooking for this month of october 2022?

@Red Top First, a belated Happy Birthday.

Breakfast for dinner tonight,  sausage and waffles.

Somehow I acquired an excess of eggs so I hard boiled a dozen.

I will make egg salad with some and DD asked if I would use 4 or 5 for deviled eggs.

I also made some tuna salad. I got some good  rye bread and will make tuna melts.

Lunches covered for both of us for a few days.

Esteemed Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

@RedTop  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Had polish sausage with stone ground mustard,fried potatoes, and sauerkraut with bacon and onions.

@hellie jo 

Oh, you had one of my favorite combinations .... fried potatoes, mixed with sauerkraut, bacon and onions. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Breakfast for dinner night. Fritatta made w/ bacon, spicy sausage, onions, red peppers, mushrooms, Vermont cheddar and of course eggs. Topped w/ sour cream and chives. I have naan bread in freezer I will take out and heat up.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

My sincere thanks and appreciation to all for your birthday wishes!  My special day was a quiet one, spent with my husband and our girls.  

We truly enjoyed the family feast meal from Bob Evans, especially the peanut butter pie!   3 of us have birthdays within a few weeks of each other, so after celebrating with Outback food twice already, I really wanted something different for my birthday meal.  Trucker daughters boyfriend ate with us, and took a loaded plate home with him, and we still have leftovers from that meal!  

It was 31 degrees here in southern WV this morning, and is only in the high 40's now, so we are having chili today.   

Respected Contributor

DH & DS bringing pizza home from my favorite place! They will be rewarded with brownies & ice cream for dessert!

Cool temps here. Planned out some meals for the week. Lasagna, garlic bread, salad. Chicken enchiladas, Mexican rice, a green veggie. Sub sandwiches, chips, fruit salad. Possible pot roast. Italian sausages in sauce served over pasta with salad. I hope this helps me to be more prepared instead of last-minute panic!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MOMMAVik wrote:
DH & DS bringing pizza home from my favorite place! They will be rewarded with brownies & ice cream for dessert!

Cool temps here. Planned out some meals for the week. Lasagna, garlic bread, salad. Chicken enchiladas, Mexican rice, a green veggie. Sub sandwiches, chips, fruit salad. Possible pot roast. Italian sausages in sauce served over pasta with salad. I hope this helps me to be more prepared instead of last-minute panic!!

@MOMMAVik 

Your menu looks delish.

I know meal planning does help me with grocery shopping and meal rotation. I have small yellow pads to keep track of meals. I can get two weeks on one page. When I'm stuck for a meal I flip back to see what/when I prepared something. We sometimes get in a bit of a rut at my house,  so I really find tracking our meals helpful.

Respected Contributor

DH will finish leftover pizza from yesterday. I found 6 cans of tuna hiding in the pantry. So I mixed some with chopped onions & celery. Then mixed that into cooked small pasta shells & finally stirred in mayo & thawed green peas. That and tossed salad for my dinner.

Everyone have a nice evening!
Respected Contributor

Thank you @kate 2357 for your tips! I can see how helpful keeping that type of dinner diary would help.

I made a grocery list for my upcoming meal plan & will stock up tomorrow. Fingers crossed 🤞 I get into a good habit!
Esteemed Contributor

Darling husband met the boys for dinner, so no cooking for me. I had toast w jam. Lol.

Honored Contributor

Just 2 of us, so kept it simple with hamburgers and chips tonight.