Honored Contributor

Re: Whats everyone cooking for this month of october 2022?

We're on our way to eat out with friends.  I'm planning to have a chefs salad.  

Respected Contributor

made Flatbread Pizza Thursday with a pkg of 2 Flatbreads from ALDI.    roasted baby peppers and asparugus plus topped with the usual. DH doesn't like roasted veggies.  Made Shrimp with Rainbow Peppers on a bed of Angel Hair today.   i found pink shrimp from Argentina at Shaw's - peeled, deveined,  ready to cook! Score!! Highly recommend!    Used up the baby peppers and asparagus, added onion and carrots.  The baby peppers are supercute but a pain. Lots of seeds.   Think i'll freeze the Chuck Eye roast i picked up Wed... DH is traveling this week.   will use for pot roast later this month.

Valued Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

Good evening everyone I'm starting October just a little bit early. The fall season is here and its awesome.  Its much cooler now and my wife started decorating for Halloween at the last week of August. This is the first year we have Halloween tree's and there is 6 of them. This week I made a big pan of pasta primavera and a pizza made fresh twice this weeks plus a batch of oatmeal apple raisin walnut cookies.hope you all have a great month and you all cook and eat well.

Hi Pooky1......I have been a bit worried about you and Maria and your MIL.......have you all been well......you don't seem to post much anymore.

Are the trees outside or inside ? That's like decorating for Christmas!

Honored Contributor

Making skillet rosemary chicken with mushrooms and potatoes. Will have apple turnovers for dessert. 

Esteemed Contributor

Dinner tonight will be a veggie quiche with a bacon and tomato salad.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Dinner tonight is beef stew and biscuits.

Honored Contributor

Just the 2 of us here today, and my husband is eating his Outback leftovers.   I am baking a sweet potato in the air fryer with chicken wings, and will eat some of the cauliflower I just prepped for my husband to nibble on.   

Respected Contributor

Met friends for pizza & headed home to catch the Packers play soon. DH will get a taste for munchies later so we'll have chips, veggies & dip, hummus or cheese or sausage with crackers. I have a small container of some shredded bbq beef made yesterday & if they are still hungry that and some buns will appear on the table!

Have a wonderful rest of the day!
Honored Contributor

Lentils with carrots, peppers, onions, served on red jasmine rice.

Honored Contributor

Now with the cooler weather - one-pot meals.

I bought some slow cooker cookbooks .... simple prep and let it cook.