Valued Contributor

Re: Whats cooking this november?

@Sooner wrote:

Cooking lots of roasted vegetables (broccoli, carrots, eggplant, zucchini, onions),  turkey chili very spicy, burgers on pretty days, salads with lots of veggies as a side for tuna (Portugese sardines for me), chicken breasts poached in tomato juice and lots of spices, bulgar for grain salads, brown basmati rice to go with stir frys with shrimp. 

Are you cooking all of this at one time ? I could just about get the chicken breast done !

Esteemed Contributor

@Harpa 

Have you tried Sabatasso's from Costco? They have these small ones as well as a large pizza. I've only tried the small ones and I think they are very good. I do add a bit more whole milk moz cheese. The sauce is good and I like the crust. Hubby and I have these often and we also do a build your own pizza thing when the kids and grandbabies come over. Everyone then gets what they want. Smiley Happy 

pizza.PNG

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Good evening everyone. Yestauday for dinner I made veggie pasta with a cream sauce. I have made it many times and its usually very good but this time not so much. To me it didn't have much flavor and I asked Ria how it was and she said it was salty.so I don't what happened and today I made tacos with a broccoli and cheddar store bought pasta side dish that you microwave it with water milk, butter and I made apple crumble .today's food today was very good unlike Yestauday. I loaded and ran the dishwasher twice today and I still have some dirty dishes. Have a great night everyone.

Honored Contributor

@Danky2 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Cooking lots of roasted vegetables (broccoli, carrots, eggplant, zucchini, onions),  turkey chili very spicy, burgers on pretty days, salads with lots of veggies as a side for tuna (Portugese sardines for me), chicken breasts poached in tomato juice and lots of spices, bulgar for grain salads, brown basmati rice to go with stir frys with shrimp. 

Are you cooking all of this at one time ? I could just about get the chicken breast done !

@Danky2 Yes all for lunch today!  LOL!!!  No, we have burgers at least once a week, poach a batch of chicken breasts most weeks in a slow cooker, have a stir fry about every other week, and have a grain or green salad in the fridge most of the time.

By doing this we have veggies to go with the chicken or pork tenderloins (roasted in an oval Le Creuset pan sometimes with veggies or apples and kraut), meatless spaghetti or other pasta, and grain or green salads for tuna and salmon.  So we try to cook ahead!  

I also make it a point to have one small pot of beans (which chicken broth and or Better than Bouillion) every week with greens--healthy!

TMI????  Woman Embarassed

Valued Contributor

Not TMI at all......I love hearing about what people cook and eat. I haven't made from scratch beans in 20 years.....I DO make ham and split pea soup using dry beans at least 

once a month. Think I will get out my bean pot , or my Grandmothers, and make some.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pooky1 wrote:

Good morning everyone. Danky we do still live above Anna and yes she does still cook Alot on Sunday and satauday  but not as much on satauday. Its just the 3 of us on Saturday. Yestauday she made pasta Alfredo, fava beans with cabbage. Cabbage was from the garden, and shrimp. Last night I made some frozen appitizers in the air fryer.mozzarella sticks, ravioli, pizza bites,wrapped mini hotdogs. I have taken up all Christmas decorations Friday per rias  request.we started decorating yesterday. Ria does the decorating.I will get tree branches shaped and whatever else Ria needs. A couple trees wouldn't light so we went to Michaels and Christmas tree shop Friday night and replaced them.I had microwaved leftovers Friday night then we ended up going to stores so when we got home I just made grilled cheese sandwiches. Everyone have a great rest of the weekend.

HI POOKY AND RIA....

I would love to have the frozen appetizer for dinner. I have never made fava beans...

way to much work and not sure I would even like them.

I have not done any decorating yet....it is my motto to wait until the last moment and run around like a chicken with his head cut off...  LOL

My two favorite stores are Michaels and Christmas Tree Shop....... I should really go to 

Christmas Tree before the holidays start......I can get some really good treats there or at Marshall's.

Well I haven't been to bed yet...watching the overnite election results. I am not a happy camper........but I certainly am hungry ! I wish I had a clue what to eat...I ate 2 mandarin 

oranges and a bag of Fritos and I cannot believe the sun is up ?

Is anyone buying the TSV ? It is a good price as compared with Omahas prime rib but I think I like Rastelli better ( although it has been a year since I prepared an Omaha )

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kate2357 wrote:

@Harpa 

Have you tried Sabatasso's from Costco? They have these small ones as well as a large pizza. I've only tried the small ones and I think they are very good. I do add a bit more whole milk moz cheese. The sauce is good and I like the crust. Hubby and I have these often and we also do a build your own pizza thing when the kids and grandbabies come over. Everyone then gets what they want. Smiley Happy 

pizza.PNG

Thanks, @kate2357 ! On my list to try. I had to search out a Costco near me, since I've never shopped there.

@Danky2, et.al., I didn't care for the DiGiorgno's Croissant....DH said he really liked it. I had cut 3 small pieces, managed to eat 2, then put back my other one.

Sometimes I think DH is like a "Mikey"; he eats anything! (except green stuff).

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Today's Lunch:
Florentine Chicken
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Chia Pudding w/Fresh Blueberries

Repeats for us today.  

Honored Contributor

Pork stew for us tonight.  

Esteemed Contributor

Roasted bone-in pork loin roast, green beans (for the hubby), mashed potatoes and gravy. I loathe green beans, so I will just have a double scoop of taters and gravy. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."