Valued Contributor

Re: Whats cooking this november?

@Pooky1 wrote:

Danky2. I wasn't sure what the milk can was but Ria just looked it up. Its abandoned she said .I must have seen many years ago. I went to Davies vocational high school that was on Davies vocational high school in Lincoln. It runs off old Louisquisset pike.I remember going by A ice cream place so that had to be it.Ria allso looked up chestnut ave.we live not to far from it. In that area Oakland ave that run parallel to chestnut ave is where Ria got into a car accident on June 17th of this year. Car was totalled.she was ok just a few bumps and very soar for like a month. She has been wanting a Kia shortage since our first Ria 20 years ago. Well she finally has a 2023 Kia shortage in Hunter green and she loves it. And she was very happy to drop the weight. Actually in like 8 years when she got diabetes. Since then until now she down 200 pounds.a Hugh confidence boost.between that and her  chiara melformation brain surgery she had A little over a year ago  she's doing so much better.

Hi Pooky and Ria....

you guys have been through so much....Congrats on your new Kia.....I understand you get terrific gas mileage. I understand when you lose that much weight the diabetes "disappears"....

How is Ria's mother ? Does she still live downstairs and cook you up a Sunday meal....

i couldn't make in a week what she makes in a day...

Interesting about the Milk Can......we would go there on occasion when we left Newport.

On occasion we would drive to Adams for dishes that were made there.....

Valued Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

The other day a friend came over to cook for my Eddy.  So we all sat down to grilled steak (on the Ninja), mac and cheese and broccoli.  He then baked an apple pie!

Today, I'm making scrambled eggs (been craving!) hot dogs and toast.

You can determine who's the better cookWoman WinkWoman LOL!

Is Eddy your DH ?

Esteemed Contributor

@Danky2 wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

The other day a friend came over to cook for my Eddy.  So we all sat down to grilled steak (on the Ninja), mac and cheese and broccoli.  He then baked an apple pie!

Today, I'm making scrambled eggs (been craving!) hot dogs and toast.

You can determine who's the better cookWoman WinkWoman LOL!

Is Eddy your DH ?    No!  Eddy's my furbaby.

Valued Contributor

I should not have cooked tonight but I did......roasted a chicken and had with mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts ,gravy and stuffing....last night I had a huge chef salad.....

Respected Contributor

Good morning everyone. Danky we do still live above Anna and yes she does still cook Alot on Sunday and satauday  but not as much on satauday. Its just the 3 of us on Saturday. Yestauday she made pasta Alfredo, fava beans with cabbage. Cabbage was from the garden, and shrimp. Last night I made some frozen appitizers in the air fryer.mozzarella sticks, ravioli, pizza bites,wrapped mini hotdogs. I have taken up all Christmas decorations Friday per rias  request.we started decorating yesterday. Ria does the decorating.I will get tree branches shaped and whatever else Ria needs. A couple trees wouldn't light so we went to Michaels and Christmas tree shop Friday night and replaced them.I had microwaved leftovers Friday night then we ended up going to stores so when we got home I just made grilled cheese sandwiches. Everyone have a great rest of the weekend.

Honored Contributor

DH and I are going up to one one of our kid's house today.  He needs his gutters cleaned and dad has the blower with the right attachment.  Once that job is done we'll go to our usual pizza spot and I'll have an antipasto salad and tops from a few slices.  

Honored Contributor

DD and myself are trying out a meal service for a few weeks--got Hello Fresh box, on Friday--started with 3 meals a week , 4 servings each. I broke my ankle almost a month ago and am in a wheelchair and a huge boot for at least another month so can't cook. DD works and is not a cook really--so tonight we try a pork meatloaf, with mashed sweet spuds and green beans. We have used this service before and the food and meals were pretty good. Got more servings this time so DD can take leftovers for lunch and maybe even for another meal as well.She likes that everything is all together so no shopping for each meal.I think this will be more cost effective now days too, at least for us right now. i am the head cook and bottle washer as I am retired and now I believe she realizes how much I really do with my days ---

Esteemed Contributor

Went out to dinner Saturday night with my brother-in-law and his wife. They are visiting from Wyoming and then heading to sunshine for a long vacation. He's my husband's youngest sibling and he is the nicest one. We had a very nice meal and some good laughs.

Sunday....breakfast for dinner. Ham, eggs and home fries.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kate2357 wrote:

Went out to dinner Saturday night with my brother-in-law and his wife. They are visiting from Wyoming and then heading to sunshine for a long vacation. He's my husband's youngest sibling and he is the nicest one. We had a very nice meal and some good laughs.

Sunday....breakfast for dinner. Ham, eggs and home fries.

It sounds like a great time.....what did you have for dinner ?

I swear everything that everyone posts sounds so good to me......I could have eggs, bacon and home fries.......it is still time for breakfast. Too bad I don't feel like making the 

home fries !

Last spring I bought a Cooks Ham and it was full of grease......can anyone recommend 

a good ham I could order online........Omaha is now offering a free Duroc ham when you make a purchase but I don' t really need anything.

Respected Contributor

I'm going to be making stuffed cabbage rolls this week.  Soooooo good. Worth the effort