Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whats cooking this november?

@RetRNwrote:

Salisbury steak, garlic mashed potatoes, onion & mushroom gravy.

@RetRN

Not to bring up a controversial subject < Smiley Happy > but do you use cube steak or round steak for your salisbury steak ... or some other cut of meat? I've used cubed steak in the past and we liked it. Just wondering if you use something else. Sounds delicious.

I'm on a meat and gravy kick the past few weeks. Must be the cooler weather pointing me towards comfort foods.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I use cube steak.

Honored Contributor

I made the mistake of looking at the menu for my FIL's 90th birthday dinner tonight. Yikes... DH and I rarely go out to dinner, and when we do it's simple food. There is nothing on this menu that really floats my boat. Honestly, I almost feel shame ordering food this expensive. For those of you who bother to read this menu, what would you have for dinner tonight. (BTW, we're not paying.)

tonight's menu

If that doesn't work you can find it here.

theamericanhotel.com/restaurant/menus/autumn2022/

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_catwrote:

I made the mistake of looking at the menu for my FIL's 90th birthday dinner tonight. Yikes... DH and I rarely go out to dinner, and when we do it's simple food. There is nothing on this menu that really floats my boat. Honestly, I almost feel shame ordering food this expensive. For those of you who bother to read this menu, what would you have for dinner tonight. (BTW, we're not paying.)

tonight's menu

If that doesn't work you can find it here.

theamericanhotel.com/restaurant/menus/autumn2022/

@house_cat

The salmon, any of the beef items look good to me. Or sometimes I order appetizers as my dinner, they have crab cakes, the soup and a salad.

Hope you have an enjoyable dinner with your family.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357

I was thinking of trying the lobster risotto.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat

That would probably be fabulous. I love risotto, but lobster does not like me. 😕