Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking this november?

We had a mishmash of creamed turkey with leftover green beans. I served it on what David calls "whomp 'em" biscuits.  DH said it was just like Mom used to make, lol. I make some lovely dinners for him and this is the one that got him most enthusiastic about eating. Go figure. He eats very little and needs to gain weight so it makes me happy when he enjoys something.

We're leaving Tuesday morning for 10 days in NY for my FIL's 90th birthday, so I'm trying to clear out all leftovers.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat, That creamed turkey sounds tasty. DH & DS love my version: chopped leftover turkey or chicken warmed in cream of mushroom soup thinned with a little milk served over egg noodles & topped with canned french fried onions.

Travel safe and enjoy your trip. Happy 90th Birthday to your FIL!

Esteemed Contributor

Argh! They still have not come to replace/fix my garage door opener, so I'm stuck at home waiting for them to arrive. So, plan B for dinner. Making clam chowder because I have all the ingredients already vs going to store to pick up fresh ground beef for the meatloaf I wanted to make. 

Not the end of the world, just a pain in the tush waiting for repair folks. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Weather is cloudy, windy, rainy and temps are dropping. Sounds like veggie, beef,pasta soup. Some cheese, sausage and crackers on the side. Just too "cooked out" now. Making a menu/ grocery list for tomorrow. Have a nice evening!
Honored Contributor

Oven baked pork chops, macaroni and cheese, peas and rolls.   

Esteemed Contributor

Snow and rain mix for the next few days. Meatloaf, roasted potatoes and peas for dinner. Making enough meatloaf for at least two days. (and I agree about kind of being a bit tired of cooking. Doesn't help I don't have a dishwasher). 

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning everyone. Kate i get what you mean about not having a dishwasher. We couldn't have a built in dishwasher so we bought a portable dishwasher years ago. It just connects to the sink.we just bought a new ge dishwasher. Its works just like a built in dishwasher. I could never be wth out t. got to say.its really nice to see over the last few months this food thread has got Alot of people have started to come on and share there stories and food idea's. Everyone is very welcome to come on and share with us. Its quite right now but this afternoon we are expected heavy rain and 50 to 55 mile an hour winds.Monday I had made a Shepard pie for dinner using white and sweet potatoes for mashed potatoes for extra flavor. It came out delicious and last night I made broccoli and cheddar soup and fried tortilla chips on the side. Latter I'm going to make that cranberry walnut cake that I had to throw away last week. Hope you all have a great day and tomorrow is allread the 1st of December. Can you believe it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pooky1

What a great idea to use sweet potatoes along with your reg mashed potatoes on your Shepard's pie. And I love broccoli cheddar soup. I make it for lunch and usually have some sort of bread with soup. I would think tortilla chips would go fine with your soup.

We're having leftover meatloaf tonight. It came out delicious. I make it the same every time, but sometimes it just tastes better. 😋

Have a great day all.

Honored Contributor

Salisbury steak, garlic mashed potatoes, onion & mushroom gravy.

Respected Contributor

We will have baked Coho salmon with slivered almonds & lemon butter sauce. Rice and peas and carrots. Making a small apple crisp to finish up our vanilla bean ice cream, as if it needs any help around here!😆

I agree with you #Pooky1 to see all the meal ideas and stories is a real delight for me! And thank you for starting us up each month! Can't believe we start a new month tomorrow, last one of 2022.