Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking this november?

Ham, sweet potatoes, baked beans, and corn for us tonight.  

Tomorrow we will have ham and waffles for supper.  

Honored Contributor

I had the day off from work,  but wound up babysitting my granddaughter.  We were going to have some leftovers, but when I realized my DIL would be eating with us I decided to make us a pizza.

I'll be cooking all day tomorrow in preparation for Thursday.  Hours of cooking for minutes of eating.. very frustrating so I always make enough to eat leftovers for a couple of days.

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 8.20.05 PM.png

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I'll be baking pumpkin pie tonight after work. 

Made a romaine salad with seasoned goat cheese and roast beef slices for lunch today. Probably cut up an apple to use up my homemade almond butter too. 

Have a fantastic Thanksgiving Eve! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Thanksgiving!

We will be dining on:

Roast Turkey and gravy

Pineapple, cranberry, walnut relish

Honey glazed carrots and sweet potatoes

Dressing made with my toasted croutons, sauteed onions, celery, apples, garlic salt, pepper. Moistened with chicken broth. None of us like sage so I try to season it up with other interesting flavors.

Roasted acorn squash

Olives and pickles 

Dinner rolls

Pumpkin pie and whipped cream

Cranberry nut bread

Apple pie and vanilla ice cream

Hope this isn't how this day ends!

FB_IMG_1669143670486.jpg

Honored Contributor

Leftovers, lots of leftovers.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MOMMAVik wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving!

We will be dining on:

Roast Turkey and gravy

Pineapple, cranberry, walnut relish

Honey glazed carrots and sweet potatoes

Dressing made with my toasted croutons, sauteed onions, celery, apples, garlic salt, pepper. Moistened with chicken broth. None of us like sage so I try to season it up with other interesting flavors.

Roasted acorn squash

Olives and pickles 

Dinner rolls

Pumpkin pie and whipped cream

Cranberry nut bread

Apple pie and vanilla ice cream

Hope this isn't how this day ends!

FB_IMG_1669143670486.jpg

Sigh .... my Thursday came close to your picture @MOMMAVik .

So the good news is Thanksgiving day went very nicely. Our two sons came over early and put up all the Christmas lights, then they helped rake up a bunch of leaves. The meal came off great and we have very few leftovers as I sent home a bunch of food w/ my sons. Yay!

The bad news is Monday our garage door opener broke (the spring) and we have to wait a week for repair. Wednesday our dishwasher died, after it was loaded of course and we need a new dishwasher. So handwashing dishes on Thanksgiving is a fun thing to do. Smiley Happy  Friday my treadmill died. I mean, c'mon!

I'm hoping I can get someone out to fix the treadmill soon ... have no idea when as of course most everyone has today off (and good for them). I run 6 days a week and I use my treadmill frequently, especially because of the rainy weather. 

Hope everyone else's Thanksgiving went well, w/ no burnt pie or dry turkey.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Made a gluten free pizza crust for vegan alfredo sauce with romaine.

Thinking of making a soup to freeze for this upcoming week.

Respected Contributor

@kate2357 🙄🤬😧 OMG! Ever hear the saying, When it rains it pours? I hope you are able to work through all of those annoying mishaps soon.

On the bright side the time spent with your family was fun & certainly your meal was absolutely delish! Our daughter flew back to Seattle yesterday. She loved the weather here, sunny with 50° temps.

Enjoy your weekend. Our dinner will be a hodge podge of the remaining leftovers! 🦃
Honored Contributor

Taking a break from leftovers to celebrate our 48th anniversary with takeout from Outback.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop 

Happy 48th Anniversary!

master_380x304.jpg

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."