Valued Contributor

Re: Whats cooking this november?

[ Edited ]

@kate2357 wrote:

@Danky2 

If you have sweet and sour sauce or BBQ sauce, you could slice up the chicken tenders, coat with a sauce and reheat in microwave for maybe 1 to 2 minutes. It will soften up the chicken tenders. Overcooked tenders are also good if you make Asian salad with Ramen noodles, almonds, cabbage, sweet rice vinegar or coleslaw dressing with sesame oil added.

Hope you have a nice evening.

After reading your suggestions, that is exactly what I did. I have not really done any grocery shopping yet but I stopped on my way up here and got a roast and some ice cream (love to try the Krogers but none any where ) , potatoes , carrots ,onions and iced tea ......don't keep much food up here especially since I don't know how long I will stay.

BUT....... I did have a container with sweet and sour sauce from a Chinese restaurant so I sliced it up and had my potato salad with it and ate all 3 chicken tenders. VERY GOOD

At home I stock up like REDTOP does (she gave me hints 4-5 years ago) but up here I pretty much wing it. Also when a lot of family shows up here for skiing ,I only buy at the supermarket........Omaha is just for me since every thing comes individually wrapped and freezer ready.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pooky1 wrote:

Danky. Believe it or not. She's 11 years old. She's Alot like her mom and her moms family. I have a few four letter words to describe what the mom is like. Anna just told the mom she's no longer welcome in her house. Kids dad is Anna's son and she treats him like ****** and he thinks she's cheating on him so its a big mess. Anna usually will usually start the sauce like 5 am. She will make a big sauce and she will devide up and freeze it. And take it out as she needs it and she does all the cooking and she does it all without a dishwasher. Us upstairs we do have a dishwasher.  Ria is going through her cookbooks and getting recipes and she will write menus that will go all the way to January 2024. She's been doing this for a few years now. She did it last year while she was recovering from her brain surgery that was 13 months ago Yestauday on October 12 2021.she has enough menus until the middle of this January. She will also write a shopping list for each week of what she needs for that weeks menu and when the time comes to shop she will add whatever else we need for the week and cross off what we don't need. She's extremely organized. Have a good week everyone.

GOOD FOR ANNA ! When we were growing up being disrespectful to anyone older than us would be grounds for a spanking ......never with parents or grandparents. Think what you want but do as you are told.

Ria is beyond organized.....she and RedTop give new meaning to the word.

What will you guys do for Thanksgiving? Anna has probably already started cooking !

Will everyone be there and what are you cooking ? I am sure there will be lots of good food.

Respected Contributor

Continuing in my quest to use up what we have in the freezer and pantry.  Tonight is pork loin, mashed potatoes, pork gravy and one of the five bags of frozen peas that nobody particularly cares for.  Tomorrow we are working on the bag of frozen shrimp by having shrimp cocktail with salads. 

Valued Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

Continuing in my quest to use up what we have in the freezer and pantry.  Tonight is pork loin, mashed potatoes, pork gravy and one of the five bags of frozen peas that nobody particularly cares for.  Tomorrow we are working on the bag of frozen shrimp by having shrimp cocktail with salads. 

You crack me up about the peas......5 BAGS  LOL !    REDTOP gave me a recipe 

for cold pea salad. Made it this summer and it was very good....maybe they will 

like it (or maybe not).

Respected Contributor

@Danky2 Next weekend I am thinking about making beef stew to use up another bag.

Esteemed Contributor

Hubby and I went for a long hike today and I'm rewarding our effort by grilling a couple of NY strip steaks I picked up from Costco. Will add roasted red potatoes and green beans.

Dessert will be an apple tart with cinnamon rum sauce.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Pizza!! From our favorite small, family owned favorite place. Hot fudge sundaes for dessert. Enjoy the evening!
Valued Contributor

@MOMMAVik wrote:
Pizza!! From our favorite small, family owned favorite place. Hot fudge sundaes for dessert. Enjoy the evening!

Is there ANYTHING better than pizza AND hot fudge sundaes......I cannot think of a thing !

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well tonight I had sweet and sour shrimp, egg foo young and moo shu pork with pancakes.......CHINESE! .....I still haven't made the pot roast so tomorrow (or maybe I will freeze for another time or cook everything and freeze it ). I am at the point that I am sorry I bought

it since I seem to never have enough time...WOE IS ME !   LOL 

Respected Contributor

@Danky2, I know how you feel. There have been times I buy ingredients to make some meals & then run out of time or won't be home with enough time to cook! Fortunately, many items can be frozen for later! That Chinese sounds delicious!