Valued Contributor

Re: Whats cooking this november?

[ Edited ]

@kate2357 wrote:

Smoked brisket, Vermont cheddar mac and cheese, with tomato/cucumber salad.

It's a beautiful, brisk day in Seattle and spent a good chunk of time raking leaves. It doesn't look like I raked any leaves ... but I filled up two large yard waste bins. I'm thinking I've earned an extra large portion of the mac & cheese. Smiley Happy 

Hope everyone is having a fabulous Thursday.

I am up in Vt opening the winter house......been here the past week. Right across from the Vt Country Store ......plenty of places in town to get Vt Cheddar. 

In RI the official drink is coffee milk and that's all I drank growing up.....still get the coffee syrup from Kenyons plus grains and soap......can't stand coffee.... go figure !

Esteemed Contributor

@Danky2 

How great you can get out to a winter retreat. Visiting Vermont is on my to do list. Hope you enjoy your time.

My local Kroger store (Fred Myer's) has had a heck of a good price on their 2lb block of aged Vermont cheddar. It's actually the lowest priced cheddar per pound and it tastes so good. I keep buying it because at some point I figure the price will go back to normal. In the meantime, I am enjoying making different dishes with this cheese.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Made dinner rolls that I turned into roast beef sliders today for lunch. I've been thinking about making chili at some point tonight or this weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

BBQ brisket sandwiches on brioche buns, leftover mac & cheese and corn.

Went shopping for Thanksgiving and as others have said ...YIKES, sticker shock. My two stores (Safeway and Kroger) did not discount much or any of the normal Thanksgiving items like they would typically do. It was kind of surprising to tell the truth not see celery, potatoes, onions or cranberries offered at a good sale price...to name just a few items. 

Have a fab Friday everyone.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Cheeseburger pie for us tonight.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Cheeseburger pie for us tonight.

@RedTop 

You come up with the most intriguing dinner ideas. So I googled cheeseburger pie that is made w/ bisquick. Is that how you make yours? Looks tasty and easy. My favorite way to cook.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are right about REDTOP but so do you ! I don't know what to have for dinner.....

maybe left over chicken tenders ,that I got last night, but the problem is that they were overcooked and are dried out...yesterday I made potato salad so maybe the dried out 

chicken and potato salad .....I am not that hungry so whatever I eat I'll eat and throw out the rest of the chicken.

I looked up the recipe for IMPOSSIBLY CHEESEBURGER PIE......I am going to make next week after I make the pot roast this weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

@Danky2 

If you have sweet and sour sauce or BBQ sauce, you could slice up the chicken tenders, coat with a sauce and reheat in microwave for maybe 1 to 2 minutes. It will soften up the chicken tenders. Overcooked tenders are also good if you make Asian salad with Ramen noodles, almonds, cabbage, sweet rice vinegar or coleslaw dressing with sesame oil added.

Hope you have a nice evening.

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 @Danky2 

Betty Crocker advertised the recipe I have followed by years.  I adjust the ingredients for a 9x13 baker; also make it with just sausage, as well as with hamburger and sausage, and diced jalapeños.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

@kate2357 @Danky2 

Betty Crocker advertised the recipe I have followed by years.  I adjust the ingredients for a 9x13 baker; also make it with just sausage, as well as with hamburger and sausage, and diced jalapeños.  

@RedTop 

Oh, I think I would like it even better with sausage, jalapeños and pepper jack cheese. This is for sure going on my to do list. Thanks for great idea! Oh Betty Crocker has one with bacon too. Lol. Everything is better with bacon.