Respected Contributor

Whats cooking this november?

Good evening everyone. I know I'm a little early but here goes. This last day of October was very nice out and still in the 60s. This morning for Halloween I baked Apple oatmeal raisin walnut cookies and pumpkin zucchini bread. I still had zucchini from the garden in the freezer. For dinner tonight I made grilled cheese and some frozen appitizers. Everyone have a happy Halloween and have a great November.

Valued Contributor

Re: Whats cooking this november?

@Pooky1 wrote:

Good evening everyone. I know I'm a little early but here goes. This last day of October was very nice out and still in the 60s. This morning for Halloween I baked Apple oatmeal raisin walnut cookies and pumpkin zucchini bread. I still had zucchini from the garden in the freezer. For dinner tonight I made grilled cheese and some frozen appitizers. Everyone have a happy Halloween and have a great November.

Pooky1........WHY DON't WE EVER HEAR FROM YOU ?

How do you freeze zucchini?

Respected Contributor

Danky2. I come on I know not as often as I use to. I grate zucchini and let it start to freeze on a sheet pan then I vacuum seal it. I always wanted a vacuum sealer so we bought one last year around this time and until I got used to it I hated it .everytime I used it there would be lots of 4 letter words flying around but after a few months I got use to it and now I love it.actually my mil cut up a couple Hugh zucchini and she put them in freezer bags ready for when she makes minestrone soup..

Honored Contributor

had a craving for stuffed peppers tomorrow night dinner🙂

Honored Contributor

Everyone,

Happy November

Honored Contributor

Swedish meatballs, egg noodles, and roasted broccoli. Carrot cake afterwards.

Esteemed Contributor

Grilled salmon, rice pilaf and broccoli for dinner tonight.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

I made a bunch of pumpkin bread loaves to give to my family, and for our dinner I made a vegan pot pie.  Comfort food!

Valued Contributor

Don't like salmon........won't eat anything vegan......so, I am having spaghetti and sauce (that I made last night) with meatballs and chocolate sugar free instant pudding for dessert. The pudding is ok but I have to slather it with heavy cream whipped without sugar..

I DO love the pumpkin bread , GLITTERGAL, and thank you for the tater tots referral,

KATE.... I don't have an air fryer but I could try fry them.

Respected Contributor

We spent most of the day raking leaves & debris for city collection tomorrow. Worked up an appetite for dinner! Grilling burgers to be topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions. Twice baked potatoes and broccoli on the side. Finally for dessert ice cream sundaes with hot fudge topping, peanuts and whipped cream.

Have a great evening!