Respected Contributor

Re: Whats cooking this month of may?

Lots of yummy food going on here!! Tonight we will be having oven baked BBQ chicken wings, rice with sauteed almonds & mushrooms, tossed green salad. Dessert is apple pie with vanilla ice cream.

Wishing all a wonderful Mother's Day. Enjoy the weekend eats hopefully coming your way!

🍓🍇🍉🥕🥦🌽🧀🥓🍕
Respected Contributor

Again using the grill & making it simple tonight....Cooking foot long hot dogs.  Having French onion dip & potato chips & coleslaw.  And having rootbeer floats as both dessert & beverage.  I wasn't kidding when I said I was making it simple tonight.  LOL

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

Grilling also! Bratwurst, baked beans & coleslaw. Olives & pickles & mini peppers. Mustard & sliced onions & bomber buns. Dessert? Maybe leftover apple pie & ice cream ... nothing bad about that!

Have a great evening & Happy Mother's Day!
Respected Contributor

Good evening everyone. Lots of great food on this feed. And quick meals can still be delicious sloop johns. Grilling foods sounds super good. I know when we smell baubles it makes us hungry.  Yestauday we ate with my mil downstairs and today to. Yestauday she made a clam and calamari  sauce over spaghetti. Stuffed eggplant, marinated shrimp, and today those leftovers plus hot pastrami sandwiches salad, French fries and lemon strudel. Hope everyone has a great mother's day weekend.

Trusted Contributor

I got a great deal on flounder filets and love making my fish boats, easy peasy.  Bake them in foil (boats) with your choice of seasonings and thinly sliced vegs.  Delish!

Respected Contributor

Don't know what's cooking tonight,  just know it won't be me doing it.  🙂 

My daughter will be doing the honors so I don't know what's on the menu.  📄🔮

Looking forward to it, though.  🍽

Happy Mother's Day! 💐👸

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Valued Contributor

A lot of steamed fish with vegetables and rice. I bought a Zojirushi rice maker a few weeks ago with the intention of eating more steamed vegetables and rice with most meals except breakfast. Already lost around 5-6 lbs. 

Respected Contributor

Happy Mother's Day! DH & DS prepared a fabulous brunch. Veggie and cheese stuffed omelets, bacon, blueberry, strawberry & canteloupe salad & bakery bran muffins! I did the coffee & pitched in where needed (or we probably would have eaten this for dinner)!

I was so hApPy! They even did all the clean up! Have the best day today, hopefully surrounded by loved ones & tasty food!

Just was told that dinner will be PIZZA & salad from my favorite mom& pop place here in town. Yum! 🍕🥗🍷
Respected Contributor

Tonight making rotisserie chicken with roasted carrots, onion & potatoes.  For dessert making homemade ice cream sanchwiches with freshly made waffles as the sandwich part & neopolitan ice cream as the center. 

Respected Contributor

Good evening everyone. For mothers day my mil cooked dinner. She made pasta ,meatballs, roasted red peppers, fried baby artichokes, French fries, a frozen box of different baked appetizers, provolone cheese cubed ,on a tray with Italian ham,  a baked ham, potato and string bean salad, and more that I don't remember. Today my wife made stuffed cabbage except she don't stuff cabbage she does it in a baking dish with cabbage on top and bottom and meat and rice and tomato soup as the filling. And some tomato soup on bottom on pan and on the top then she baked it for 45 minutes. Its one of my favorites. All this food I'm writing about is making me hungry. Hope you all have a great week.