Respected Contributor

Re: Whats cooking this month of may?

Weather has turned quite chilly here. Temps barely reaching 50's & strong winds bringing wind chill temps in low 40's.  Rain coming tonite & all day tomorrow.

So dinner tonite is chili with fixings...shredded cheese, chopped green onions from our tiny garden, crushed Fritos, sour cream ( plain Greek yogurt for me), corn muffins & who knows what else!

Besides ground beef & chili seasoning I add dark red kidney beans, black beans & butter beans, chopped tomatoes also. Smelling good in here already.

Haven't decided on a dessert. Maybe hot cocoa & marshmallows & cookies!

Have a good evening. Stay cool or warm, whichever weather you are having!  

Honored Contributor

Our supper was cowboy beans, leftover mac and cheese, coleslaw, cornbread, and a big (and hot) onion.   

It had been awhile since we had cornbread, so we enjoyed 2 apiece and there's 2 pieces left for trucker daughter who expects to be home tomorrow.   

Respected Contributor

Last night I had a great salad and had garlic flavored crackers as a go with. Weird? Perhaps so but very very good.. Of course had coffee also. Got to admit that was easy to fix.

Actually also got two rooms vacuumed - that Vac has sure put on weight. Hmn.

Getting very warm out here but the mornings still find me wrapped up in my aged blanket. Still I have mine - I got one when they first came out and it has been a life saver. That was many years ago and it still does its job - no snags or anything.

Hope all eat well today. Think I will heat up some orange chicken and put some veggies in the WOK. That is always a good meal and I can usually manage to get it done. LOL.

Have a great day everyone and thank you so much for your concerns.

. I miss Conrad very much. Lost himi several years back. Decided then no more dogs as I was slowing down then. Did inherit another cat - however. Ditty. What a character and my 20 year old cat Miss Blackie is still hanging out. 

Honored Contributor

Trucker daughter is home and has asked for fajitas for supper tonight.   

Honored Contributor

I owed trucker daughter a birthday dinner, so we ordered from Outback today.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cooked  Impossible Burgers last night for dinner----was surprisingly good and will use the other things in this brand as well.

Also made cashew alfredo sauce--DD is dairy free--and put that into a steak tips and egg noodles dish that turned out amazing. Will use that in  lasagna---maybe using Impossible meat crumbles too. the cashew sauce was a breeze to make too.