Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking this month of december?

Only 2 of us here tonight so most of our meal came from the fridge freezer; a NY strip and a ribeye, hash browns, and his vegetable of choice, corn.   

Esteemed Contributor

@MOMMAVik 

It was fun to play dress up with my 2 dils. They came loaded with goodies and I am all set for my events. They went thru my closet, picked out things I could wear and/or pair with items they brought with them. We had some good laughs on a few of the items...some were WAY too short and some were very low cut. I kept saying no, they kept insisting I try stuff on....to hilarious results.

My dils have a group of friends that trade clothes and accessories between each other. They have quite the system worked out. Very clever women. 

They also helped me pkg up my baked goods...we did that first. Our group has been doing fundraisers all year and we hope to raise another $5000 tomorrow. Not just with baked goods. Lol. This money will help pay heating bills for quite a few people. Also giving out gift cards for food or whatever folks want/need.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH and I are out and about. We stopped at Costco and ended up getting some pizza at their concession stand.  People always look at us, eating only the tops.  Lol

The other day, I made KF candied pecans.  I gifted the whole batch so I think l might make some for us when we get home.

Honored Contributor

Just making a pot roast with stewed tomatoes, potatoes, and carrots. I will have leftovers for later which I like.

Respected Contributor

We are having meat sauce over spaghetti with garlic bread and tossed salad. Hot cocoa with banana bread later for dessert.

Hope your evening is relaxing!
Honored Contributor

Homemade pizza for us tonight.

Occasional Contributor

Your dils are great but my is a real beeyatch. Won't help me with a thing and the woman he is married to wouldn't do a thing to help me and my husband.good for you you live in a storybook land.
Esteemed Contributor

We had soup and shared a grilled cheese sandwich after our fundraising event. We raised more money than we expected due to the generosity of those who gifted items as well as those who purchased items. 

And yes @Vernamahloo I am fortunate in the extraordinary women my two sons married. They have been excellent wives and mothers. My husband and I count our blessings every day for our close-knit family. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Red lentil spaghetti last night and peanut butter oatmeal this morning.

Thinking of making sweet bread for Christmas Eve and some other goodies. The planning has begun! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's Thanksgiving again, at our house today.  Our son and GD are coming over since mommy's at work. The menu isn't quite as plentiful as on Thanksgiving but it'll still be good. 

Turkey

Keto gravy

Mashed cauliflower 

Keto stuffing 

Homemade SF cranberry sauce 

Roasted broccoli 

Keto yeast bread

Keto version of Strawberry Pretzel Jello for dessert.