Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whats cooking this month of december?

A cherry danish.

Also the chicken spread I made for lunch on Wheat Thin crackers. But the danish first!

@JeanLouiseFinchThe Candied Pecans is just the ticket, though I'll be using brown sugar. I have a ton of pecans left over from the chicken spread. (baked chick in sherry, celery, onion, pecans, seasonings). Got this recipe from a winery cookbook eons ago.

Honored Contributor

We had fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn.... not at all healthy by today's standards, which is why DH has dubbed it "old school chicken". It's his favorite.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Leftover beans, cornbread, and wilted lettuce for us tonight.   

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

We had fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn.... not at all healthy by today's standards, which is why DH has dubbed it "old school chicken". It's his favorite.

@house_cat 

One of my hubby's favorite meals as well. Only difference is I do an oven roasted chicken...but since it's slathered in butter, olive oil and herbs....not any healthier than fried chicken.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Last night was going to be pizza but I didn't feel like having pizza so I googled shrimp and pasta recipes. So I made lemon garlic shrimp pasta.it was really good. I allso made a cinnamon apple cake with cream cheese in it .it was also very good. Have a great day everyone.

Respected Contributor

A snowy day here so I am planning on simple roast chicken with carrots and potatoes. Steamed green beans. Dessert is cranberry nut bread & hot cocoa.

Enjoy the day & all the yummy food you all are cooking!
Honored Contributor

Today's lunch:

Zucchini Boats, using leftover meat sauce from the other day

Steamed Fresh Green Beans 

Chia Seed Pudding w/Fresh Blueberries 

Honored Contributor

Made gnocchis last night dressed in olive oil and parmesan.

Esteemed Contributor

Been baking up a storm this morning for a fund raising event being held tomorrow. I've still have a bunch left to do, then will pack everything up in pretty containers. My DIL's are coming over to help me and they are bringing over some dressy outfits for me to look at for upcoming holiday events. My boys married wonderful women. They are way taller than me ... who knows if any of the outfits will work ... but so sweet they are willing to share their time and their clothes.

Dinner will be takeout Mexican food the hubby is picking up on his way home from work. Yay! I always go for the same thing ... Carne Asada w/ extra quacamole.

Have a good Friday all.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@kate2357, Sounds like a very busy & fun evening ahead for you! Enjoy the food & fashion tonight!