Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whats cooking this month of december?

@ninjawife wrote:

Hot dogs, saurkraut and baked beans

Ordered my beef tenderloin roast for Christmas dinner from the butcher today.  The butcher I use is quite far from my current home as I started shopping there when we lived closer.  I will be in that area on December 22 so I scheduled pick up for that day.  The woman I placed the order with said if I was serving it on Christmas day I would have to freeze it.  I have never been told that before and I think it will be fine in my fridge until the 25th.

@ninjawife 

I think you should be just fine picking it up on the 22nd and cooking on the 25th. I ordered my roast today too. I'm picking up my bone-in pork roast on 23rd, but I imagine they will cut it on the 22nd. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@kate2357 Spiced apples sounds so good! I may steal that tonight myself. Smiley Happy

@Laura14 

What I like is how easy it is for how tasty it ends up. It's like eating the inside of the apple pie. Enjoy.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

i've been raiding my freezer too.   found 2 packages of vac pakked chicken cutlets,   should use up at least one very soon. DH raided his Lamb supply. One night he made Lamb Chops pilaf.  Good for me. i had my freezer chili and another night Screamin Sicilian pizza (we have no decent Pizza places in this area)

Sunday roast - small 1/2 Turkey Breast, tiny tricolr potatoes, peas/carrots. DH made fresh cranberry sauce.

Last night, Turkey Pot Pie w the rest of the turkey (fresh carrots/potato and freezy peas.) Used Phyllo for the top crust.

DH decided to come in kitchen and doused it with Ghee.  Bad idea. it just swamped the crust and didn't crisp up like i prefer. Grrrrr...tonite will be leftovers and hopefully the crust didn't sop up the filling.

have a dentist appt for a crown tomorrow late afternoon !!  maybe i'll run to the store for something quick. otherwise soup night for me!

Honored Contributor

One more time for the turkey et al. leftovers.  Whatever's left afterwards (turkey and gravy) will get frozen, if there's enough for a meal down the road.

Esteemed Contributor

Grilled pork chops, creamed onions, green beans.

Honored Contributor

Beef cubed steak, biscuits and gravy for us tonight.

Respected Contributor

Tuna casserole and tossed salad! DH never really cared for casseroles so I was totally shocked when he asked for this for dinner!! I think it may be the rainy & snowy weather here & we are craving comfort food! And too he spied the brownies I made earlier for dessert later with ice cream!

Stay safe if you are facing bad weather. I am very glad we are retired & don't have to drive in it!
Honored Contributor

Steak

Sautéed Mushrooms

Roasted Asparagus 

Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding 

Esteemed Contributor

We're going to a dressy holiday event w/ appetizers and cocktails tonight. Because I'm not particularly graceful and I'm wearing borrowed clothes, I'm going to make BLT sandwiches at home for myself and husband. Less chance of goobering up the dress by missing my mouth with some appetizer. I do like to wear my food.  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

BBQ ribs, green beans and slaw for us tonight, per trucker daughters request.