Respected Contributor

Re: Whats cooking this month of July?

Good afternoon everyone. Yestauday for dinner I made a chickenpot pie and from zucchini from the garden I made a savory bacon cheddar zucchini bread for breakfast or with dinner. Today will be tacos and this morning I made a batch of snicker doodle.I'm 51 and before this year I never had them. Hope you all have a great and you all at well.

Respected Contributor

I have a turkey breast in the slow cooker. Sides will be mashed sweet potatoes and steamed green beans. Fruit salad later for dessert.

@Pooky1, lucky you having garden zucchini! Ours isn't grown yet but pretty soon we'll be up to our elbows with them!
Honored Contributor

Fridge full of leftovers, so we have our pick of roast beef and gravy (I'm going to heat this and eat on toast), spaghetti and garlic bread, or bbq ribs, and last bit of potato salad.   I'm expecting teacher daughter to finish the spaghetti and husband to choose the ribs.   

Respected Contributor

@RedTop,. All of your leftovers sound great! I'd have a hard time choosing!
Honored Contributor

Stir-fried chicken with pineapple and peppers served over rice. 

Honored Contributor

I have ground beef thawing.  Today's lunch will be:

Keto Eggroll in a Bowl

Roasted Broccoli or Asparagus (haven't decided)

Chia Seed Pudding w/Fresh Strawberries 

Honored Contributor

Good morning, ladies. I've never participated in this thread, but I assume all are welcome as usual.  I just finished experimenting with gluten-free blueberry muffins for my son who is gluten intolerant.  They have yet to be taste tested, but I'm pleased with how they have risen. I haven't had the same luck with baking GF bread.

GF blueberry muffins july 2022.JPG

My second set of summer houseguests left yesterday morning and I'm celebrating with easy-peasy dinners. Last night we had grilled cheese sandwiches and baked potatoes. Tonight we're having breakfast for dinner.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

All the fridge leftovers are gone except for a bowl of mashed potatoes, and I'm turning those into potato cakes to go with the pot of pinto beans and ham on the stove.  Will also make a few cornbread muffins, slice an onion and dig out the jalapeño chow chow.   

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Good morning, ladies. I've never participated in this thread, but I assume all are welcome as usual.  I just finished experimenting with gluten-free blueberry muffins for my son who is gluten intolerant.  They have yet to be taste tested, but I'm pleased with how they have risen. I haven't had the same luck with baking GF bread.

GF blueberry muffins july 2022.JPG

My second set of summer houseguests left yesterday morning and I'm celebrating with easy-peasy dinners. Last night we had grilled cheese sandwiches and baked potatoes. Tonight we're having breakfast for dinner.

Your muffins look like they should be in a magazine, @house_cat.  I hope you enjoy them.  I really enjoy breakfast foods.  DH and I normally have our big meal at noon and then have a little something more later on. We had breakfast for lunch yesterday.  There's a little bacon leftover so I'm having a couple slices, some eggs, and some roasted Brussels sprouts later on. 

Honored Contributor

BLT's, German potato salad, and fruit salad.