Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whats cooking thIs month of may?

@house_cat  Try my Artichoke Chicken (Marinated artichokes and sauted mushrooms) and Peanut Ginger chicken bakes.  They are both different and delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

Today it's Baked pork chops and Stove top dressing and roasted veggies.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@ninjawife wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've been plugging along, sticking with yogurt and scrambled eggs all weekend.  I believe my swelling is beginning to resolve a little but I still can't close my teeth together or do any real chewing.  Last night was rough.  I tossed and turned a lot, still having a lot of pain. This morning, I thawed a couple of chicken breasts for the Ninja grill and made zucchini fries and mashed cauliflower to go along with it,  I tried, but I couldn't do it - even tiny bites were hard.  I was able to eat the cauliflower but then resorted to my old faithful.  Tomorrow is another day 🤞

@JeanLouiseFinch Please contact your doctor if your pain is not any better.  You could have mastodditis which is an infection of the bone around the middle ear.  You may need an antibotic injection as the oral antibotics may not be able to reach the bone.  

Thanks, @ninjawife, I'll call the office and check in about that .  The pain is improved, just not gone yet.  I'm only 4 days in on a 10 day course of the oral antibiotic.  Considering the severity of the infection, I was thinking it could just take time.  I can't have penicillin.  Is there another injection that is suitable for me?

ETA - got an appointment for this afternoon.  

Sorry @JeanLouiseFinch I do not have any other treatment advise for you.  I am just really concerned about the amount of pain and limited jaw mobility you have and I don't want you to be dealing with a more serious infection.  I only know what I know b/c I am a speech language pathologist and I have a degree in audiology. 

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@ninjawife wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've been plugging along, sticking with yogurt and scrambled eggs all weekend.  I believe my swelling is beginning to resolve a little but I still can't close my teeth together or do any real chewing.  Last night was rough.  I tossed and turned a lot, still having a lot of pain. This morning, I thawed a couple of chicken breasts for the Ninja grill and made zucchini fries and mashed cauliflower to go along with it,  I tried, but I couldn't do it - even tiny bites were hard.  I was able to eat the cauliflower but then resorted to my old faithful.  Tomorrow is another day 🤞

@JeanLouiseFinch Please contact your doctor if your pain is not any better.  You could have mastodditis which is an infection of the bone around the middle ear.  You may need an antibotic injection as the oral antibotics may not be able to reach the bone.  

Thanks, @ninjawife, I'll call the office and check in about that .  The pain is improved, just not gone yet.  I'm only 4 days in on a 10 day course of the oral antibiotic.  Considering the severity of the infection, I was thinking it could just take time.  I can't have penicillin.  Is there another injection that is suitable for me?

ETA - got an appointment for this afternoon.  

Sorry @JeanLouiseFinch I do not have any other treatment advise for you.  I am just really concerned about the amount of pain and limited jaw mobility you have and I don't want you to be dealing with a more serious infection.  I only know what I know b/c I am a speech language pathologist and I have a degree in audiology. 

I appreciate the concern, @ninjawife.  My pain isn't in the mastoid, which I'm grateful for,  its in front of the ear.  I was unable to get an injection, but I did get a medication change to a stronger antibiotic.  I'm supposed to take it every six hours so I set an alarm to take it during the night  🤞 

Honored Contributor

@Zhills 

Those both sound delicious. I'll see if I can find the recipes, though I won't be able to make them this week, because I've already done my shopping.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Good morning everyone. Housecat chicken recipe that stands out is chicken and broccoli. Bread and fry chicken Brest and you can just brown them because they get baked my mil has been doing this with raw chicken and chicken still gets cooked but I fry them first partially. They go in a baking pan.2 cans of broccoli and cheddar soup and 2 cans of cheddar cheese soup, a couple cans of milk, fresh or frozen broccoli and salt and pepper and it all gets mixed together and pour it over and bake it for 45 minutes to an hour.  Sunny and temps in the 70s. Monday I made a baked chicken and stuffing dish.I boiled chicken breast and cubed it up and added that to 2 cans of broccoli and cheddar soup, broccoli mixed that and pour into baking dish then 2 boxes of stove top stuffing mix ,3 cups of water to stuffing add stick of melted butter.mix it up well and spread it over chicken mixture and add shredded cheddar cheese and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Last night was made boneless pork chops with a cranberry cherry sauce. Sauce was a cup of cranberry juice, 1 table spoon of brown mustard, a teaspoon and a half of cornstarch add it to the pan after you take pork out cook on medium heat and let it cook just until it starts to get thick and whisk it. Then add a cup of fresh or frozen pitted cherries nut in half and let the cook for a couple minutes and its done . I made sweet potato mashed potatoes with salted butter and light brown sugar and a little salt .and I made  banana pudding brownies it was more like a pudding desert than a brownie. But recipe said brownie.have a great day everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful weather for next few days. I am always so giddy this time of year to wake up early with the sunrise and sunny day ahead.

We are having grilled pork chops, leftover rice and sliced cuke & onions in a poppyseed dressing.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day.

@JeanLouiseFinch I sure hope you are feeling some improvement with your jaw and the pain is diminished.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 @ninjawife @house_cat @MOMMAVik and others I've overlooked ...

Thanks so much to all of you for your care and concern. The new antibiotic has kicked in and I'm starting to recover.  The pain is significantly diminished.  As of yesterday, our plans to travel today were on the fence, but after a good night and a better outlook this morning we're in the car and heading to The Dells for a few days. I'm well prepared with all my necessities.  And, as usual, i overpacked. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, thanks a bunch! 🌷😊

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch, Happy to hear you are starting to feel better! Enjoy your trip to The Dells. I'll wave hello as you journey thru WI!!
Esteemed Contributor

Another beautiful spring day. Grilled salmon with honey garlic marinade, twice baked potato and broccoli for dinner tonight.

Made lemon raspberry loaf cake for my dil. It's one of her favorites and she deserves any treat she wants.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."