Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking thIs month of may?

@RedTop 

Oooh! We ate at Texas Roadhouse for the first time last fall when we were traveling back from NY. It was the best steak I've ever had - that was in Virginia. My kids took me to a local one here in North Carolina and it was just as good.  Did you order steak? I'm wondering how it holds up when it's packaged for take out.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I went grocery shopping today.  They had a whole turkey breast for half off...only one left.  I bought it.

We had Turkey breast and I thawed out homemade dressing that was in my freezer.  I made mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and a green salad.

My DH kept saying how good it was and he ate a lot.  We haven't had Turkey since Thanksgiving.  Normally, he only likes the dark Turkey meat.

No dessert.  He will be stuck eating ice cream later tonight.  I didn't bake anything.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

Yes I ordered steak and the takeout packaging was excellent.  The restaurant is 10 minutes from teacher daughters school, and school is 45 minutes from our home.  We didn't have a single complaint with anything in our order.  I highly recommend their takeout service.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harpa wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinchI hope your TMJ is better!

My first ever using (raw) fennel - braised chicken & fennel over saffron jasmine rice. Threw in sweet onion & carrots, too & a little bit o' honey.

With all my herbs & spices on hand, I just didn't know how to season this dish. It needed something besides S&P.

Thanks @Harpa.  I'm working on it. The pain was pretty intense but the medication is starting to work on that inflammation. I still can't get my bite to close completely but making progress.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking thIs month of may

We have our DS and DGD coming today.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to eat what I'm making or if I'll still need to resort to an easier option for myself.  Time will tell.  The plan is to make:

Bacon Cheeseburgers w/assorted condiments. 
Roasted Asparagus 

Chile Lime Pork Skins (the 4505 brand is keto friendly)

Respected Contributor

Youngest DD made me mac and cheese for dinner last night.  Tonight we are going out for pizza.  We are going to a place DH does not like and since he is not home we are going.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch, hope that med will kick in soon to relieve you. I never knew about that condition & sorry it is causing you such distress.
Respected Contributor

Burgers on the grill by Chef DH. Toppings of choice: cheese, sliced tomato & onions, lettuce, pickles. I made a potato salad early this morning. For dessert strawberries with whipped topping atop pound cake.

Our weather has turned beautiful. Getting ready to go for a walk. Trying to get relief for hip & knee pain. Have a wonderful day!
Honored Contributor

@MOMMAVik wrote:
@JeanLouiseFinch, hope that med will kick in soon to relieve you. I never knew about that condition & sorry it is causing you such distress.

Thanks, @MOMMAVik.  Believe me, you never want this.  The pain is awful.  When I was at the dentist yesterday, he said the prednisone would help the inflammation but we still needed to find the cause.  He asked what's changed in my life and the only thing I could think of was that I had gotten new hearing aids a few months ago.  Just to be in the safe side, I went to see my audiologist yesterday afternoon, to make sure the fit was good. He had a look inside my ear and also did a pressure test.  That revealed everything.  The bad side was terrible, lots of inflammation on the eardrum, indicating a middle ear infection. It makes sense. A couple of weeks ago I came down with a bug.  It ran its course and I felt fine until this horrendous pain started. The swelling likely caused the TMJ and jaw to shift.  The audiologist is not permitted to prescribe medication so now it's a trip to the nurse practitioner for that.  They're booked solid today but I can get in tomorrow.  I'm on the right track and seeing improvement today but still need an antibiotic for it to completely resolve.  I'm glad it happened now, though.  We're going away for a few days next week and I would have been in a real pickle if it happened then.

Respected Contributor

Oh my, @JeanLouiseFinch, thank goodness this has been discovered early on. Fortunately you can get it cleared up before your trip. Take care.