Respected Contributor

Re: Whats cooking thIs month of may?

Brats and burgers on the grill. Made a pasta salad to go along. Strawberries, blueberries and cantaloupe over pound cake with whipped cream for dessert.

I hope all are enjoying and reflecting on this special day.

FB_IMG_1685380001342.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Beef tips in gravy over noodles and baked yellow squash.  Pickled quail eggs. (like deviled eggs)

Esteemed Contributor

@MOMMAVik wrote:

@kate2357, I have looked on the Mayo Clinic website often for healthy recipes for diabetes. I found this for salmon in the low-sodium section. Lots of nice recipes there.

You have given me suggestions with salmon cookery & I thought you might be interested. Plus it serves 2 in case it goes on Jack's "never again" list!

Praying for you & Jack and hope he can move onto rehab this coming week. Be well 💓.

Ingredients

Two 5-ounce pieces salmon with skin

2 teaspoons ev olive oil

1 tablespoon chopped chives

1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves (optional)

Directions

Heat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with foil.

Rub salmon all over with 2 teaspoons oil. Roast skin side down on foil-lined baking sheet until fish is cooked through, about 12 minutes. After 10 minutes, check if fish flakes easily with fork. If it doesn't, continue baking for 2 more minutes.

Using a metal spatula, lift salmon off skin and place salmon on serving plate. Discard skin. Sprinkle salmon with herbs and serve.

@MOMMAVik 

Thank you for this recipe and pointing me to Mayo clinic for recipes.  I already see a few to try.

Made Jack a grilled chicken taco salad with some low sodium homemade salsa one of my dils made. The salsa tasted pretty good. I think I can find ways to make a lot of Mexican dishes...the challenge is the cheese.  

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Today's lunch:

Bacon

Mexican Omelettes

Roasted Asparagus 
Chia Pudding w/Fresh Blueberries 

Respected Contributor

Cheese ravioli with blush sauce

Honored Contributor

Tonight we're having BLTs and homemade chicken noodle soup that I prepared on Friday and froze.  I'm not sure that the two menu items go together, but we're having it nevertheless, lol.

@ninjawife 

What is blush sauce?  I don't want to miss out on anything!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

Tonight we're having BLTs and homemade chicken noodle soup that I prepared on Friday and froze.  I'm not sure that the two menu items go together, but we're having it nevertheless, lol.

@ninjawife 

What is blush sauce?  I don't want to miss out on anything!

@house_cat It is a tomato cream sauce.  I buy it at Wegman's.

Respected Contributor

@house_cat, Love both your dinner items equally. DH had balked at sandwiches for dinner a long time ago but now is very receptive of them, especially BLT (heavy on the bacon!!) and subs. Enjoy your dinner!
Respected Contributor

Finishing the pasta salad from yesterday. DH grilling chicken that has been marinated in Italian dressing. Also finishing the fruit salad.

Our weather is just beautiful so we are eating in the yard. No bugs yet! Have a nice evening.
Honored Contributor

Trucker daughter asked for chicken (on a bun) sandwiches and wavy chips.  I ate leftover spaghetti.