Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking thIs month of may?

Yesterday I had the next step in my dental implant process.  My dentist drilled in the post and did a couple of stitches.  Now I wait for another four months for the post and bone to bond.  His assistant recommended soft food for 2-3 days so I'm back to yogurt snd scrambled eggs today and maybe tomorrow.  DH will probably pick out random things from the fridge for his lunch today.  Tomorrow I'll cook since we have company coming.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Using up grilled chicken from yesterday atop a green salad. Sliced cukes, green peppers & tomato. Croutons and sliced hard boiled egg.

Have a nice day, the last day of May 🌷🌻

Honored Contributor

Roast beef, gravy, potatoes, carrots, fresh green beans cooked with ham, and deviled eggs for us tonight.   

Honored Contributor

Tonight we had leftover potroast on store bought brioche buns.  I made homemade potato chips, and seasoned them with a mix that DH didn't like. He said, "I really shouldn't complain", to which I responded, "No, you shouldn't", lol.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Pulled pork sandwiches on brioche buns, coleslaw, and cheddar & sour cream potato chips.

Respected Contributor

DD made barbecue chicken quesadillas. 

Esteemed Contributor

Made Jack a nice salad with  grilled NY steak...lots of tomatoes, onions, sliced cucumbers, bibb lettuce and with a sprinkling of gorgonzola. He scarfed it down, but I think he really missed the blue cheese dressing. I haven't come up with a low sodium recipe yet...but I will think of something.

Glad May is over. Hoping everyone has a safe and healthy June.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Tonight I'm making chicken Parmesan, with a side of pasta and a salad.  I'll use tomato sauce from a jar.  They'll be enough of everything leftover for dinner tomorrow night.  Leftovers are my favorite Friday night meal.

@kate2357 

Is the very low sodium diet temporary?  I know this isn't much of a fix, but I use Mrs. Dash seasonings because I tend to put too much salt on things.  The seasonings come in different blends and might help.

Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 6.51.04 AM.png

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat 

Thank you for taking the time to post suggestions. Very kind of you and i appreciate the suggestions. I will look at some of those and play around w/ recipes.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Happy Sunday, forum friends!

Today we're having chicken enchiladas, which I never liked until I discovered a delicious homemade enchilada sauce, cornbread, and chips with homemade guac and salsa.

~ house cat ~