Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking thIs month of may?

@kate2357 

I don't think it's unusual that his physical healing is progressing more quickly than his emotional healing.  I do think it's a good sign that he has an appetite and it's even better that you are able to fix him some of his favorite things. I'm sure that adds a component of normalcy to his life which is probably what he needs most right now. You sound like a very strong woman, but please don't underestimate the emotional toll that it's taking on you.  It might be wise to seek counseling for yourself.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Yesterday I intentionally cooked extra chicken for today.  Lunch will be:

Large Tossed Salad w/Grilled Chicken

Bleu Cheese Crumbles

Bleu Cheese Dressing 

Chia Pudding w/Fresh Blueberries 

Respected Contributor

DD is cooking for the next two nights.  Tonight she is breading chicken tenders with corn flakes.  She has made this before and it is pretty good.  I don't know what she is planning to go with it.  Tomorrow she is making chicken sausage with bell peppers and potatoes.  

I was watching Beat Bobby Flay last night and Bobby's chosen ingredient was squid which got me in the mood for fried calamari.  So Thursday night we are going to an Italian restaurant where they have fantastic appetizers.  We plan to get 3-4 and make a meal of it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Corky's baby back ribs and tater tots plus roasted broccoli and cauliflower.

Ribs are very sparce.  Trimmed down to bones on front and back of the ribs.  Not much meat between them! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our supper was pork chops, gravy on toast, sliced tomatoes and applesauce.  

@kate2357 

Even the rehab facility will accommodate special food requests that would make Jack happier with his daily meals.  

Respected Contributor

Chicken fajitas and Mexican rice. For dessert strawberries, blueberries & cantaloupe fruit salad with cookies.

@kate2357, it is good to hear that Jack will be in the rehab program soon. For both of you there are many emotional issues ahead. It is good to hear about your return to cooking. Be well & know we have shoulders you can lean on. 💕
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to all my cookin friends for the support you have bestowed towards myself and Jack.. your kindness is a boost ... especially after trying days. So many of you have weathered tribulations of your own, so you know there are good and bad days.

I grilled a salmon filet for Jack to put on top of a salad. He actually likes cold salmon....I personally am not a fan of cold salmon. My dil dropped off some fresh ciabatta rolls to take for Jack. The hospital have requested we keep his meals "heart healthy" ... so much to his sorrow... no smoked brisket will be headed his way.

Hope everyone is having a good week and that you have nice weather. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Good morning everyone.sending out prayers and well wishes to hallie jo and kate.its been nice out in the 60s. I got the garden all prepped for planting . Monday  made chicken ,mushrooms and pasta with a white cream sauce and Yestauday mini burger salad and Monday I made  a desert .strawberry dream its called. It came out good. Its not something to make unless you have Alot of time to do it.have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm meeting the girls today - our friendships began over 50 yrs.ago. The town we meet in is a little over an hour's drive for me, but I don't mind. Today we're meeting at a well known pizza place in our old stomping grounds.  They make a great antipasto tossed salad so I'm having that and the tops from a few pieces of pizza.  I'll order a small pizza to take home to DH an reheat for his dinner.  

A friend (the one who helped with my garage sale) is starting her first day at a farmers market with a unique craft item she and her husband make, so I'll stop on my way home to see how she's doing.  Another crafter I know is usually there too.  I'm not sure if she's signed up for this year, but I'll look. I really want to see her as well. It looks like I'll be gone most of the day.  

Honored Contributor

Scalloped potatoes and ham with breadsticks.