Respected Contributor

Whats cooking in this month of october?

Good Evening everyone. I'm starting October a few hours early. Its been cool and very breezy today. Today we had leftover pork and scalloped potatoes. Pillsbury now makes a monkey bread pack where you get cinnamon buns and stuff like that in the dairy area in the supermarket. It's very easy and very good and i made them tonght.hope you all have a great month of October and Winifred . we miss seeing you on this section. Hope your ok and doing well.

Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking in this month of october?

🌻🎃🍁 Happy October! 🍁🎃🌻

Our plans for the weekend suddenly changed.  We we're going to have company but she ended up coming down with a bug  I ended up just having my HBE and yogurt with berries and keto granola for lunch (not complaining, it's a favorite).  Hubby is going to pick up a pizza in a little while (we only eat the top).  I'll make a salad to go with it, if ya call that cooking, then finish things off with my chia pudding. 🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

I have pinto beans soaking right now, and will cook them with a piece of salt pork, make cornbread, peel a big onion and set out the jalapeño chow chow.    

Honored Contributor

Slow cooker pork chops with apples.

Honored Contributor

We have some steak leftovers so tonight we're going to have:

Dinner size Tossed Salad w/Steak, bleu cheese crumbles, and bleu cheese dressing

Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding w/Jordan's Skinny Syrup - Pumpkin Praline 

Honored Contributor

Sunday--pepper-stuffed pork tenderloin

Monday--sausage-stuffed acorn squash

Tuesday--meatball submarine casserole

Wednesday--mac & cheese

Thursday--turkey & spinach stuffing casserole

Friday--stuffed pepper soup

I like to freeze leftovers and always do my meal planning a week ahead.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Sunday--pepper-stuffed pork tenderloin

Monday--sausage-stuffed acorn squash

Tuesday--meatball submarine casserole

Wednesday--mac & cheese

Thursday--turkey & spinach stuffing casserole

Friday--stuffed pepper soup

I like to freeze leftovers and always do my meal planning a week ahead.

I usually plan ahead too.  Sometimes the plans end up changing/adjusting with the circumstances 🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

Hi one and all. A special hello to Pooky1. How are things with you and yours. Haven't been around much lately - guess my age and other things has slowed me way down. Hope all are eating well - nothing better than that.

Honored Contributor

Stew beef with beef broth, red wine, fresh onion, and chopped fresh muchrooms.

Fresh collards

Respected Contributor

Good evening everyone and Winifred its great to see you on here. Well my wife Maria will be going in for brain surgery on the 12 th of this month. For lunch we ate with my mil . she made white spaghetti and clams and broccoli rabe, pizza, steak with mushrooms, artichokes from the garden, baked cauliflower , grapes and strawberry cake and tonight we had caramel apples cut up and a peice of chocolate cake. Tomorrow Ria is making children and rice soup.enough for a few days and Tuesday she's making chicken fried steak , mashed potatos and corn on the cob from the freezer. Hope you all have a great week and you all eat well.