Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whats cooking in this month of may?

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@kate2357  I freeze mine, in fact there are probably three in there now.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Thanks for confirmation it's okay to freeze. Not sure why I've never thought of using the rinds on my own. I'm usually able to figure out how to use up most everything and I've always hated tossing out that parm rind. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Nothing extravagant today.  I have to bring the dog the kennel and get a number of jobs done here, plus pack for a trip (leaving tomorrow morning), so it's going to be a super simple lunch.

Kirkland Dinner Size Hotdogs

Cold packed Sauerkraut 
Leftover Cauliflower Mac & Cheese

Roasted Broccoli

Chia Pudding w/Fresh Strawberries 

Esteemed Contributor

Fresh pasta and sauce. Sauce made w/ tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, fresh garlic, fresh herbs, Italian spicy sausage, olive oil, red wine and parmesan. Also making fresh baked garlic bread pull-a-parts. This meal typically is good for 2 days + enough sauce to freeze for one more meal for spouse.

It's gardening time ... so as many meals ask I can make that have good leftovers is win/win/win. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Pulled pork, potato salad, sliced yellow tomatoes, cucumbers and vidalia onions.   

Honored Contributor

DH and I are traveling today.  It's just a short trip, we'll be home Saturday evening.  I made up some "Bento Boxes" for us for today - an assortment of things: boiled egg, salami, string cheese, some strawberries, a no sugar bar.  The rest of the time we'll either be eating at the hotel breakfast bar (hopefully they'll have bacon & eggs) or eating out. 

Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

A lot of poached eggs !  Decided to try Poachies.....little bags to slip an egg into and then into slightly bubbling water.

Found the bags on Amazon; video seemed straightforward; hoped for the best after my first order got lost in the mail; popped an egg into a bag as soon as my second order arrived:  surprise !!!  

It worked....beautiful egg with no fuss or muss !  Lunchtime will be a whole lot easier and healthy for me.....

I am definitely ordering these!  Thanks for mentioning them. 

Super Contributor

Kate2357 - your pasta sauce sounds good - can you share the recipe?

Respected Contributor

Stir fried chicken with broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, peppers, pineapple chunks and sprinkle with lots of green onions. The green onions in our garden are sprouting up like crazy! They have spread everywhere. Any takers?! Or ideas to use them? Will serve the stir fry over brown rice with sliced almonds.

Have a good day everyone!
Esteemed Contributor

@MOMMAVik wrote:
Stir fried chicken with broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, peppers, pineapple chunks and sprinkle with lots of green onions. The green onions in our garden are sprouting up like crazy! They have spread everywhere. Any takers?! Or ideas to use them? Will serve the stir fry over brown rice with sliced almonds.

Have a good day everyone!

Can you pick out the green onions in a way that leaves space between and just let the green onions mature into regular size onion .... like white or yellow onions?

We eat onions a LOT and put them in just about everything, from scrambled eggs, salads, pasta, rice, soup, pizza, fried or roasted potatoes, roasted cauliflower and onions, sandwiches ... etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Spouse is having leftover pasta w/ sauce and garlic pull-a-parts. I am having a simple green salad w/ a bunch of veggies on top.