Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking in this month of may?

[ Edited ]

DH and I are heading to the local greenhouse shortly.  Normally we wait until Memorial Day Weekend to do our spring yard clean up and flowers but the owner posted that her season is already winding down so we need to get over there.  

When we get back I'll be making our lunch:

Steak - maybe some Bleu Cheese melted on top

Sauteed Mushrooms 

Roasted Broccoli 
Chia Pudding with Fresh Blackberries 

Honored Contributor

Meatballs in chili sauce, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs and sliced tomatoes for us today.   

Esteemed Contributor

Smoked babyback ribs, bi-color corn on the cob and tomato & cuke salad. Homemade raspberry sorbet w/ shortbread cookies (store bought).

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

@northiie57 wrote:

I am trying this today: whole chicken seasoned how you like, make 3 foil balls and set in bottom of crockpot,  you can sear in a pan of oil before setting it on top of the 3 foil balls in crock.  No liquid and comes out roasted/baked instead of slowboil.  Super easy!

This came out so delish!  Tasted like rotisseurre very moist!  Will definely do again.  Great for when it's too hot to cook Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@northiie57 wrote:

@northiie57 wrote:

I am trying this today: whole chicken seasoned how you like, make 3 foil balls and set in bottom of crockpot,  you can sear in a pan of oil before setting it on top of the 3 foil balls in crock.  No liquid and comes out roasted/baked instead of slowboil.  Super easy!

This came out so delish!  Tasted like rotisseurre very moist!  Will definely do again.  Great for when it's too hot to cook Smiley Happy

I'd like to fry this. @northiie57    

What temp and how long for one whole chicken?

Respected Contributor

Good morning everyone. It was a Super hot and humid weekend but it cooled down and feels much better. Maria got a job driving a bus for a private Company .she said she can still cook but I told her don't worry about it I'm here so I will cook. I have dinner in the oven now and I will just reheat enough for dinner and there's leftovers. I started planting the garden end of last week and I'm still not done..catsycline.when I make baked stuffed lobster I can you what goes in it but I don't use a recipe so I don't have amounts. I crack open and clean lobsters  and for the stuffing I put melt butter,ground up is crackers like Ritz ,cut up raw shrimp, Bay scallops, salt , pepper, parsley. I use salted butter so not to much salt . mix it up and stuff lobsters and add some water to the bottom of th e baking pan. Depending on the size of lobsters I bake them about 45 minutes. I just took dinner out of the oven. Its called to trip in I bake. Tortalinni, bacon , broccoli with a cream sauce. I hope you all eat well. Have a good week.

Honored Contributor

Roasted pork tenderloin and vegetables, broccoli raisin salad.

Honored Contributor

I made extra steak yesterday so we could have a big steak salad with bleu cheese crumbles and bleu cheese dressing today.  Chia seed pudding with Lakanto SF maple syrup for dessert. 

Esteemed Contributor

Chicken enchiladas and Spanish rice. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Sloppy joes over baked potatoes. Raw veggies platter - carrots, cukes, radishes. For dessert pound cake, sliced strawberries & whipped topping.

Have a nice evening. It is so cool here, can't keep doors or windows open. But I am not complaining!