Trusted Contributor

Re: Whats cooking in this month of may?

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@northiie57 wrote:

@northiie57 wrote:

I am trying this today: whole chicken seasoned how you like, make 3 foil balls and set in bottom of crockpot,  you can sear in a pan of oil before setting it on top of the 3 foil balls in crock.  No liquid and comes out roasted/baked instead of slowboil.  Super easy!

This came out so delish!  Tasted like rotisseurre very moist!  Will definely do again.  Great for when it's too hot to cook Smiley Happy

I'd like to fry this. @northiie57    

What temp and how long for one whole chicken?

I did 6 hours on high for over a 6lb chicken or you can do 8 hours on low

Honored Contributor

I buy meat produced locally, once a month, and this month I tried waygu ground beef and Japanese/American ground beef too. OMG----so delicious and lean and flavorful!! Price was just a $1 or 2 more per pound than the grocery store----dang was it good!! made burgers and meatballs so far-----thinking a shepards pie is my next meal!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today's lunch will be simple, but one I enjoy. 

*Grassfed Waygu Beef Bacon Cheeseburger - mine dressed with SF ketchup, dill pickle slices, leftover Tennessee onions, lettuce, slice of an heirloom tomato, and a little Duke's mayo, S&P.

*Fresh Spinach Salad w/Fresh Strawberries, Raspberries, and SF Raspberry Viniagrette Dressing
*Chia Seed Pudding w/Golden Monk Fruit & Cinnamon 

ETA - Mmmm, that was a great burger!

Esteemed Contributor

Hubby had leftover chicken enchiladas. I made risotto with asparagus and prosciutto on top for myself. Hubby had some too. He did not care for the Spanish rice I made yesterday and he was not wrong...it was tasteless. Can't win them all. Lol.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Spaghetti casserole and rhubarb crumble.
Esteemed Contributor

Breakfast for dinner tonight. Scrambled eggs w/ bacon, chives and roasted potatoes. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I met a couple of my lifelong girlfriends for lunch today. I had a delicious Cobb Salad.

Honored Contributor

Sloppy Joe's and fruit salad.

Esteemed Contributor

Grilled salmon w/ brown sugar/mustard rub, bowtie pasta with garlic, broccoli and parmesan.

Honored Contributor

Baked mushroom chicken, rice, and broccoli.