Respected Contributor

Whats cooking in this month of may?

Good evening everyone. I just remembered to start this cooking thread and thank you redtoo for the reminder. Today was a great spring day. 67 degrees and a light breeze. My mil cooked baked stuffed lobster tails , with fried artichokes, potato and string bean salad, scallops wrapped in bacon,  and baked sweets and regular potatoes. Fruit and cheese cake. Tonight I reheated leftover lobster in the air fryer and made baked potatoes for dinner.  And for desert I made blondies but not the usual kind.these were made with great Northern beans, coconut oil, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, salt,. And I put powdered sugar on them .they were really good. My mil didn't like them. I gave her 2 and she gave me one back.I hope you all have a great month of may and you all coo and eat well. Any of you planting a garden?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whats cooking in this month of may?

I plant a few veggies and grow herbs all year long. I love stepping outside and snipping or pulling up veggies and herbs for dinner. When the boys were at home I grew more veggies. With just two of us, I have really cut back on what I grow.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Green Giant Califlower Risotto with mushrooms & asparagus, I added a little chopped chicken breast...first time trying it & I'll buy it again. Can't have a garden, 🦌 eat everything to the ground.

Honored Contributor

Temperatures going into the triple digits this week.   The only things I will be eating will be COLD, or coming out of the MICROWAVE (!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

A lot of poached eggs !  Decided to try Poachies.....little bags to slip an egg into and then into slightly bubbling water.

Found the bags on Amazon; video seemed straightforward; hoped for the best after my first order got lost in the mail; popped an egg into a bag as soon as my second order arrived:  surprise !!!  

It worked....beautiful egg with no fuss or muss !  Lunchtime will be a whole lot easier and healthy for me.....

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Pooky1   Oh my, your MIL made quite a feast.  It must have been someone's birthday!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Roasted pork roast, roasted carrots and corn on the cob. I have my doubts about the taste of the corn on the cob ... but husband came home w/ it, so I will make it. Smiley Happy I would rather have mashed potatoes to go w/ the gravy. Maybe tomorrow, if there is enough meat for two meals. 

Pork roast is leftover chunk from Easter dinner. I had the meatcutter cut off bone and retie roast and had them cut off about 3 lbs so I could have enough for another meal or two. Easter's meal was so delish ... hope this roast is as good. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Found parmesano reggiano rinds in the supermarket over the weekend so the broth/soup had to happen.

Also made ground turkey with mexican seasoning for tacos all week.  

Honored Contributor

We had a Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken today.  I added a half of an avocado too.  DH had fresh blackberries in his chia pudding, I had fresh raspberries.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Found parmesano reggiano rinds in the supermarket over the weekend so the broth/soup had to happen.

Also made ground turkey with mexican seasoning for tacos all week.  

@Laura14 

Can you share the broth/soup you make w/ the parm rinds? That sounds intriguing and I love me some reggiano parmesano. TIA.