Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking in this month of june?

[ Edited ]

Chicken pot pie and a green salad.

The extreme heat will hit us tomorrow, Tues. and Wed. will be brutal.

Respected Contributor

So hot here & the humidity is just awful. Tonite will be BLT sandwiches, chips & dip, watermelon, blueberries & strawberries fruit salad with bakery cookies. Plenty of iced tea and/or water.

Stay cool & watch out for pets and any elderly relatives & neighbors to stay safe too!
Respected Contributor

Hello @kate2357! Hope you are reading here & you are recovering well from your surgery.

Looking forward to reading about your delicious menus. Take care!
Respected Contributor

Gonna have a hot dog and some cole slaw tonight.

Honored Contributor

Leftover vegetable fried rice and mandarin orange chicken.

Honored Contributor

Chicken pot pie and slaw for us tonight.

Respected Contributor

No cooking here today in this heat! I will shred up leftover roast beef & heat it up with bbq sauce. Toast some rolls. Coleslaw, pickles, chips. Ice cream for dessert. Stay cool, check in with elderly family & neighbors if you can.
Honored Contributor

We've been away for a few days so I finally got back to some real cooking today. Lunch today was:

Grilled Sirloin Steak

Roasted Asparagus

Sauteed Mushrooms

Chia Seed Pudding w/Fresh Strawberries

Esteemed Contributor

@MOMMAVik wrote:
Hello @kate2357! Hope you are reading here & you are recovering well from your surgery.

Looking forward to reading about your delicious menus. Take care!

@MOMMAVik 

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. The last couple of weeks have been hectic and I am happy to report recovery is going well and my prognosis is good. Doctor gave us the pathology results today and it was good news. Thankful for the good care and my supportive family. I have zero appetite and zero plans on cooking anytime soon.

My darling husband is taking the rest of summer off and is considering retiring. I think this episode scared him, but I don't want him to overreact.

It will be interesting to see what sort of menu my husband comes up with. I am guessing a lot of smoked and grilled meat items. Lol. He has commented on how expensive everything is and complains that it's hard to find everything at just one store. And I just say "really, how annoying." Like it's a new thing having to go to 2-3 stores to find the food he likes. Smiley Happy

Hope you have a nice weekend. Our small corner of the country is rainy and cool...the rest of you all look to be getting high temps. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@kate2357, so good to hear that you are doing well& recuperating nicely! Take your time & enjoy your DH's culinary efforts! Things will be back to normal soon. Very hot & humid here so we are dining light. Veggie & fruit salads, grilled chicken, fish, beef.

Be well & thank you for popping in!