Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whats cooking in september?

For our musicale today - chicken ala king on toast points.

But every time I make this, I think of Miss Foster's chicken ala king tasting like wallpaper paste.

Esteemed Contributor

Having grilled halibut, rice pilaf, and asparagus for dinner.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Tonight we're having slow-cooker Marry Me Chicken.  I've never made it before, but based on the ingredients I don't see how it can be bad.

DH has deemed this "Birthday Week", so we're having two separate celebrations.  Tomorrow night we're getting take-out from a local Mexican restaurant.  He asked for stuffed shells on Sunday, not one of my favorites but he's the birthday boy 🤷

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat 

I have never made the slow cook version of Marry Me Chicken, but the stove top version is yummy.

And lol on birthday week....I have a birthday month. Yep...a whole month. 😀

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I got up early this morning and made a pan of KF pumpkin bars so they'd have plenty of time to cool. DH and DGD came and she helped me with the frosting.  

Lumch today - 

Meatloaf

Creamy Mashed Cauliflower 

Baked Zucchini

Steamed Broccoli 

KF Pumpkin Bars w/Cream Cheese Frosting. 

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

He has long said it should be birthday month, but so far the most I've given him is a week.  Really, I don't know what the difference would be since I treat him quite well all year long!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

DH has a business dinner tonight so DD and I decided to order a pizza and a Caesar salad. 

I am still very bored at work.  I need 30 units of continuing education every two years to maintain my professional license.  The reporting period began July 1 and I have had enough time to earn 16 units so far.  There is another speech language pathologist assigned to do some of my job because the last person to do my job insisted that one person could not adequately handle the position.  My co workers tell me that that person did not have the same work ethic that I do and that I am perfectly capable of doing this job on my own.  We have a shortage of speech language pathologists in the district and the person helping me could be utlized in another position.  Now my co workers, myself and the person helping me have to make it clear to TPTB that I do not need help. 

Respected Contributor

Roast chicken with smashed baby red potatoes. Carrots, broccoli & sugar snap peas steamed.

We were given some zucchini so I made raisin zucchini bread. I much prefer to bake with it than eat it as a veggie. Maybe I need to research some recipes for that.

Very humid now but cooler temps on the way. When the sun returns it should be nice. Enjoy the evening!,
Esteemed Contributor

@MOMMAVik 

Your roast chicken dinner is one of my family's favorite meals. My dh and sons would love if I made it every Sunday.

As for zucchini...it's also not one of my favorite to eat as a veggie. 

Super Contributor

Tonight we had to go to a softball game so we decided to have breakfast for supper
our son and two of our grandchildren was here , everyone wanted something different so we had
Biscuits, bacon , pancakes, fried cubed potatoes, scrambled eggs , butter & jelly’s
There wasn’t any leftovers