Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking in september?

[ Edited ]

@Danky2 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Good morning all. I'm enjoying a mug of maple flavored coffee with MCT oil while I browse through the forums,  I have to go see my audiologist today for a little repair to one of my aids. It takes an hour to get there and I'll be leaving right before noon. DH & I are going to postpone eating until I get back. I grilled an extra steak yesterday, to have it ready for today,  

Lunch will be:

Large Tossed Salad w/Steak - Bleu Cheese Dressing & Crumbles on mine.

Chia Puddng w/Mixed Berries 

I have had avocados in my fridge (water storage method) for several weeks.  It'll be interesting to see if they're any good. They've been in there longer than usual.🤞

@JeanLouiseFinch .......what is the water storage method......looking for ways to save my avocados..

@Danky2  All you do is get a big container, like an oversized mason jar, and submerge your UNPEELED ripe (or on the verge of ripe) avocados in water and stick the container in the fridge.  They keep for weeks like that.  The one I pulled out today was probably in there for more than a month.  That's a little longer than I think is recommended.  It was soft but not one dark spot anywhere. We still threw it in the salad anyway.  I hate buying avocados and have them go bad before I can use them up.  I used to wrap them in foil and refrigerate, which worked, but IMO it wasted foil and this water method is essentially free.

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife that sounds like lots of fun.  

Super Contributor

I put a roast in the crock pot this morning before work. House smelled so good!  I made mashed potatoes and green beans.  Yesterday was DD and DSIL's baby shower, she is due 11/7,our third grandchild but first granddaughter but we had a lot of fruit left so that will be our dessert probably all week!

Hoping all is  well with @RedTop I miss reading her meals.  
@JeanLouiseFinch  what is MCT oil?

Have a good evening everyone❤️

Honored Contributor

@2sisters wrote:

I put a roast in the crock pot this morning before work. House smelled so good!  I made mashed potatoes and green beans.  Yesterday was DD and DSIL's baby shower, she is due 11/7,our third grandchild but first granddaughter but we had a lot of fruit left so that will be our dessert probably all week!

Hoping all is  well with @RedTop I miss reading her meals.  
@JeanLouiseFinch  what is MCT oil?

Have a good evening everyone❤️

@2sisters  MCT stands for Medium Chain Triglycerides.  It's a heart healthy fat that's derived from coconuts.  It boosts the body's own ketone production, feeds the brain, increases cognitive function, supports a healthy gut, helps with fat metabolism, and suppresses appetite, to name a few things.  I've been committed to a ketogenic way of eating for over four years.  Including MCT oil is pretty common in this lifestyle.

Super Contributor

Thank you @JeanLouiseFinch  I will look into that.  I don't follow a keto eating but have read a lot about it and the benefits.  I liked the health benefits you listed for the MCT.  

Esteemed Contributor

Fresh bratwurst with black beans and rice.  Roasted carrots.  Can't do a meal like that often but I love it!

Honored Contributor

@2sisters wrote:

Thank you @JeanLouiseFinch  I will look into that.  I don't follow a keto eating but have read a lot about it and the benefits.  I liked the health benefits you listed for the MCT.  

If you have any other questions, @2sisters LMK.  One thing that's key, if you decide to take it, be sure to start with a very small amount (1/2 tsp.) and over a couple of weeks or so build up to a full serving (1 Tblsp.).  Jumping in at a full tablespoon will upset your "plumbing" and you'll need to stay near the bathroom.  Easing into it, you shouldn't have a problem and your gut will become accustomed to it and you'll be fine.  I normally take a tablespoon daily, but since I keep my fat, protein, and carbs in a certain ratio sometimes I'll add another serving if I'm too low on my fat for a particular day.  Anyway, you know where to find me if you have any questions.  

Super Contributor

I’m another that’s missing Red Top , I’m hoping all is well with her and her family

Today was a very busy day so for supper we had taco salads
I made enough taco meat left for another meal later this week

Esteemed Contributor

Taco Tuesday and dirty rice for dinner. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Today's lunch:

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole 

Green Beans

Chia Pudding w/Freah Raspberries