Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Well that was an experience I won't forget.  We saw Donny & Marie together before.  Last night we were in VIP seats so we got to get pictures with him. Donny's show was nonstop energy and lots of jacket changes.  He sang requests, and even took mine.  I wept while he sang it.  Then he thanked me for requesting it. 💜

Our son's family is coming over after naps this afternoon.  We're having the leftover pizza from Saturday night (it's been in the freezer since then and thawing now) and tossed salad. 

What song did you request @JeanLouiseFinch ?  What a night that must have been!!

@beckyb1012 - Love Me for a Reason.  If you're an Osmond Brothers fan, look up the video.  I bet you'll be weeping too. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Whats cooking in june?

[ Edited ]

PNW. Has warmed up! So happy my chef is feeling better and barbecuing chicken, baked potatoes and broccoli tonight! 
fresh assortment of berries and whip for dessert. 

stay cool!

Valued Contributor
Another hot day so again I didn’t cook I had pasta salad , my husband had a club sandwich w/ chips
Respected Contributor

Last night I had bucatini with clams, parsley, garlic and calabrian chili.

Supposed to especially hot and humid this weekend - 98 on Sunday.  We usually do not go to the beach on the weekends as it gets really crowded and if we don't get to the state park early it gets filled to capacity.   DH has some chores to complete around the beach house.  I have laundry to do but otherwise I don't know what I will do with myself. 

Respected Contributor

I made us omlets and bacon for breakfast.  Yum.  Not sure what's on the agenda for dinner.  I might make us grilled chicken salads.  I need some light dinners still with this oppressive heat.  I love summer but I'm thankful for our ac.  

Honored Contributor

We accidentally left a beauty case at my sister's house when we left on Tuesday.  My niece s there now but heading home today, and goes through our general region on her way, so we'll meet somewhere so she can return it to me.  Depending on how their day is going, traffic, etc., we may get lunch together.  It's kind of a see how it goes, and punt, kind of day.  

While we're out, I need to pick up some groceries.  We have a family reunion to attend tomorrow.  I'm bringing a big batch of broccoli salad and a boatload of jalapeño poppers.  

Valued Contributor

I stopped at KFC to get DH some supper.  He's had a hard time with breathing in this hot weather so he deserved it.  The humidity just hits you hard.  I hate complaining because the boys are out in it all day but man it's hot!   I'll have some yogurt or something later, the heat also makes me not have an appetite which isn't good for my already stomach woes.  Sorry to be a complainer! Lol

Have a good evening everyone and stay cool.  
@MOMMAVik your fresh fruit salads do sound good. Fresh fruits I have been able to eat.  

Respected Contributor
Thank you @2sisters! We have to take advantage of the delicious summer fruits. Once winter comes there just isn't much variety. I hope you & your DH get some relief from this heat & humidity soon & feel better.
Respected Contributor
Brats on the grill. We'll have baked beans and coleslaw. No real dessert planned but fruit to finish up which I'll have with yogurt.

Have a good evening!
Respected Contributor

Re: Whats cooking in june?

[ Edited ]

Good evening everyone.2 sisters.don't worry about us .we don't mind.vent or complain all you want. we're here to listen. Like most of you have been saying.its been hot and humid all week and all weekend is going to be that way to.just had a Thunderstorm and there's more on the map coming and they will allso be around all weekend. Well my leftovers for Thursday night I took out and I had been outside watering and I went in the pool. I came in and had leftover Chinese food did  few things, threw in a load of laundry .I was inside for 90 minutes and I was going to make rias lunch for Friday and pour drinks for dinner and then I started massively sweating, I got dizzy,the room started spinning and I couldn't  function. I'm I got up to go on the couch but I ended up falling and I had just picked up the pillow from the couch and my chest started to hurt. I layed there for10 minutes and I said I have to call ria.she was at work.she said call 911 and I will call her mom to let her know what's going on.I got taking to.a hospital I didn't wantee to go to. They said I had very low blood pressure. I got there at 315 and didn't get home until 1245. They did tests,blood work CT scan and they really weren't sure exactly what it was but they think it was related to the heat. Ria had got up for work at 220 am and didn't eat her lunch at work so she never ate Thursday. She got 45 minutes of sleep and got up showered to go back to work.she didn't take anything to eat of drink either. So she left work alittle early. Still she worked 9 hours. When she got home I heated up leftovers and she fell asleep for a few hours. She woke up and said do you want to eat something. I said yes but not a snack but real food.she said me to.so I boiled pasta and added butter and grated cheese.quick easy and very good. Have a great weekend everyone.