Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking for the the month of february?

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Would you believe, we're expecting a high of 75* today and only 27* tomorrow?  That's just crazy. 🤪 

We're making good use of the food I prepped last month.  

Today's Lunch -

Mississippi Roast

Fresh made Mashed Creamy Cauliflower w/Kerrygold Butter

Steamed Frozen Green Beans 

Same thing here @JeanLouiseFinch. We hit 71 today, and our low tonight will be 11. Not sure I remember such a big drop in temps.

Our meal is baked salmon, twice baked potatoes and steamed broccoli.

Respected Contributor

I'm having cereal for dinner.  Got home really late from work.  SO had kielbsa, but i didnt want to eat that heavy this late.  

Super Contributor

Tonight we had salad with grilled chicken I had ranch dressing my husband had French dressing
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shihtzursqmom 

I haven't had French dressing in a long time. I used to love French dressing and Catalina dressing on a good ol' garden salad made with iceberg lettuce. Not sure why I deviated...but I think I will try some next time we have shrimp salad. Would probably  also be good on shrimp tacos.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Couldn't sleep last night so I baked some chocolate chip cookies to take to dh and his rehab roomie. They gobbled up half of them before noon. I guess that means they liked them.

For my own dinner I had an Amy's frozen meal and an apple. Those Amy's Mexican dishes are not bad tasting, but I will be happy to get back to making meals with fresh ingredients.

Temperature seemed cold to me with the blasted wind...but not nearly as cold as some of you are expecting. C'mon sunny spring weather. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

I have a hair appointment after work.  I have not had my hair highlighted since June so it is fairly dark especially near the top of my head and I am kind of liking it.  My work badge was taken in the summer and my hair is way too blonde for my liking.  So I asked my stylist about doing bayalage verus a foil highlight.  

Anyway by the time I get home DH will have already left for his jam and DD will have cooked her own dinner (she has been doing this regularly for the past month or so).  I have a Stouffer's chipped beef dinner to make for myself. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Clearly the universe is conspiring against me.  DH wanted stromboli from a local place on Sunday but it turned out they were closed.  I made a homemade pizza instead and some pasta ******ioli.

The system keeps chaging my word for some reason. 

p a s t a   e  f a g i o l i

Yesterday I said that I'd pick up the stromboli after grocery shopping.  Well whaddaya know... they closed at 2 pm. I decided to buy us a London Broil.  I also bought a package of cheap frozen fettucini Alfredo and added chopped broccoli.  Dinner was delicious and I have more than enough left over for another meal.

I rarely get take out for dinner, not even once a month, so I've been disappointed twice now in one week.  I don't understand it because the restaurant is excellent and very successful.  I guess I've got to give up the urban expectation of businesses being open 7 days a week.

Tonight we're having some variation of leftover meatballs.  Maybe I'll make it into a stromboli seeing as how I haven't been able to get it from the restaurant.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Lemon mushroom chicken, mashed sweet potatoes, and butter-roasted carrots.

Respected Contributor

@house_cat,

You have a great skill at coming up with delicious meals to substitute for your planned ahead ones!

When we were coming out of the pandemic it seemed that many places around here had to scale back on their open hours & also on menu cut backs. Some places still have shortened hours & menu offerings. Many have trouble finding help.

Nice to hear that your DH is maybe eating more now. Have a good day!
Respected Contributor

@RetRN, that lemon mushroom chicken sounds delicious. I am always on the look out for chicken recipes. If you have a chance, can you post that recipe? TIA!