Respected Contributor

Re: Whats cooking for the the month of february?

Since DH and I were away for the weekend we did not do our usual grocery store order.  So we have been winging dinners this week.  Monday I had sushi.  Tuesday DH picked up some salmon at Wegman's but it tasted like dirt so we ordered pizza.  Last night DH ate at the Blue's Jam he goes to so DD made some pasta.  Tonight I have the ingredients to make pumpkin soup so we may have that unless DH decides to go to Wegman's to buy something else for dinner. 

Honored Contributor

Chicken salad on croissants with vegetable soup.

Honored Contributor

Our pizza was a success and quite tasty.  Today we're doing repeats, sort of.  We're having tossed salad and doing pizza bowls with the leftover sauce, sausage, and cheese.  No crust today.

Honored Contributor

Tacos or burritos for us tonight.  

Respected Contributor

Stir fry shrimp with sugar snap peas, onion, mushroom & carrots. Rice with chopped cashews. Kiwi fruit and red grapes for dessert.

The sun is shining and temps near 60! Spring is coming; except rain/snow mix for tomorrow. ❄️🙄
Honored Contributor

Making bbq chicken on the grill with baked beans tonight. 

Respected Contributor

Good evening everyone. Nice out today but  rain tonight and tomorrow. Ria came home with her third cold in the past 3 weeks. I spent 2 hours doing a bjs order to delivered today. We should be good with stuff for awhile.I had a bowl of special k this morning and some prunes around lunch time. I know. Very boring. For dinner I made breaded chicken cutlets, potatoes baked with onions, olive oil , salt ,pepper and some parmesan cheese and leftover broccoli. In the morning I have to separate and vacuum pack the family pack of boneless pork. Have a great night everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I picked up a takeout meal of chicken marsala w/ a side of penne pasta. It's enough for 2 meals. It was good...but I really think the chicken marsala I make from the Once Upon A Chef recipe is better. But takeout = no dishes and I could start eating as soon as I got home.

Also since there were no witnesses, I ate while standing up at the kitchen counter. Lol...all the things we tell our children not to do....yep, I am doing all the bad things. 😀

In fact my boys asked me this morning if I needed help cleaning up the house because they noticed I had stacks of stuff everywhere. I think they may have been volunteering their spouses. I declined and gave them my best Mom is not amused look. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor

Today was one of those days instead of getting up this morning I should have just stayed in bed with my head covered up
First thing I woke to was SOS on my phone, we were some of the AT&T outage
the day continued to go downhill from there , things could have been worse
Hoping tomorrow is a better today
Since it was one of those days I picked up steak and cheese subs from a local restaurant for supper tonight

Kate2357 I hope Jack is feeling better and hope you are also with your injury you sustained also
Esteemed Contributor

@MOMMAVik wrote:
Stir fry shrimp with sugar snap peas, onion, mushroom & carrots. Rice with chopped cashews. Kiwi fruit and red grapes for dessert.

The sun is shining and temps near 60! Spring is coming; except rain/snow mix for tomorrow. ❄️🙄

@MOMMAVik 

Do you use a sauce when you do your stir fry or just oil and seasonings? I do it either way, but I have not made a good stir fry in quite some time. I love those sugar snap peas....mmm. Your dinner sounds very delicious. 

Isn't it odd it can be 60 and sunny, then snow the next day? I know Colorado and Montana get that weather pattern....had no idea Wisconsin did as well. Stay warm.

BTW...how is your daughter?

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."