Honored Contributor

Re: Whats cooking for the new year in january 2021?

Another snowy Sunday in southern WV, and my husband and I will be eating cube steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, and biscuits for supper.  

Just the 2 of us here this weekend, so cooking what we like, but no leftovers to fill the fridge.   

Respected Contributor

Very pretty and warm last few days. Changing a bit however, getting cooler and our electric empire has sent out several notices today they may be shutting it off due to the high winds. I sure hope it does not get to that point. I am also on oxygen and do have a generator which will handle two things but I cannot start it. MY health has gone down hill super fast last month or so and cannot do much of anything any more. Oh well. others have it worse. Frigid weather and rain also arriving.

I have a frozen I am going to eat. Mashed potatoes, glazed ham and green beans - that will work just fine for me.

Hope all are doing well.

Respected Contributor

We had shrimp and french fries for dinner tonight.I'm going to make soup with potatoes,onions,carrots and celery tomorrow. Maybe I'll add some chicken also.

Have a great week and good eating!

Honored Contributor

We've been having chilly days here on the West Coast of FL.  

I like these days because then I can cook "comfort" foods like soup, stews, and of course my favorite stuffed cabbage!  Haven't eaten them yet we like them a few days later..tonight I made beef stew with cornbread.

They say by end of week temps will be returning to 80s guess I'll enjoy a few more "comfort" dishes -- although, been wanting lobster might make them for Sunday dinner.

7506635B-B399-49B3-8BDA-D51113C7A965.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Wow!  Sure is lots of good cooking going on here this month!  

I have not been feeling the greatest, so not to much cooking going on here.  Going to make some homemade veggie soup today.  It is cold and snowy/icy here so that will be good.  

I did finally make some banana muffins with some over ripe bananas on Saturday.  I found a new recipe and they turned out to be so good!  I have been tossing the bananas when they go too ripe and I just hate that.  I will start freezing them I think.  I just HATE to waste food.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties : I have a large zip lock bag in my freezer and just put them in whole and unpeeled . When the bag is full it is enough to make muffins and banana nut bread. Hope you feel better.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good evening everyone. Sunny and chilly here today with some snow flurries and a few snow showers. Riab made a big pan of corn chowder on Monday and Tuesday she made sloppy joes. And I fried white and sweet potatoe French fries. All was good. I have made this a few times . cream cheese and veggie soup mix that's just the dried veggies and it gets mixed together . and a bean dip. I put 2 cans of chick peas and2 cans of white beans. Lemon juice, olive oil,garlic or garlic powder, salt,pepper, a carrot and it goes in the food processer until smooth. We have been having some at night with raw veggies and a few wheat chips. A couple times we wanted cake. I looked up mug cake.  I made a chocolate cake each and sprinkled it with powdered sugar. Omg. They came out really good. 1.40. So under 2 minutes each.we had chocolate cake. If anyone wants the recipe I will be happy to give it. Just let me know. Hope everyone has a great week.

Respected Contributor

Today is leftover day.Dh and I just eat what and when we want to. No cooking,yea! We have spaghetti, stew, chicken soup and chicken salad.

Respected Contributor

1. Sounds like a lot of good choices yellow.
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone - have not stopped by too often. Two reasons, have not been well for a year and a half now and also someone came on these Forums and ripped me to shreds. Have NO CLUE who it was but it was very personal. I decided to just not stop by too much. No, it was not on this thread but I only post on three threads to begin with. Sorry about that but just not able to stand up well  to some things very much like standing over a stove.

At any rate, it has been super cold here for several days. Now remember this is Sou Cal. Ain't that a hoot? Lots of rain also. Tonight suppose to be 23 - hope they are wrong.

Hope everyone has a great week - and be sure to stay warm.