Respected Contributor

Re: Whats cooking for the new year in january 2021?

Sorry,,, did not see this Pooky1. Hopefully everyone will come here.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good evening  everyone. I came on here on the 1st to write something and I realized it was the first of the month. You don't need to be sorry. Just keep giving us your opinions and thoughts. Yesterday I made teriyaki meatloaf, with potato puffs and glazed carrots. Today we had leftover crushed pineapple so I made a coconut pineapple bread.  And we had leftovers for dinner. We had a piece of the bread. After ria had he first bite she asked what I thought of it. I said wow. Its really good.. She said yes.it is really good. Everyone have a great night.

Respected Contributor

Sure wish I had some energy. Would be nice.

Looks like a nice day today but you just never know do you?

Pooky1 you always have something good going in your kitchen.

I think I may toss some orange chicken in the WOK with mixed veggies. Easy to fix and always good. Usually can get at least two meals out of that - even if Davey is here. LOL.

Hope all have a super good day.

Honored Contributor

A steaming bowl of chicken and dumplings for us on this cold, snowy night.   

Respected Contributor

RedTop Snow? We have not had any in almost two years - oh well it is not a big thing at my house but love to look at it in the hills around me. Not much there either.

Not a bad day weatherwise but still is January - for sure.

Am fixing one of hose Jimmy Deans hot dogs - well I all them hot dogs. Sausage wrapped with something similar to a pancake. they are so good and only one left in the box. May have to come up with something else.

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred,
Yep, January in WV usually means snow and cold
Today is sunny and a nippy 37, and we still have a good covering of snow on the ground. Not exactly the mountain state weather I like best, so I just stay inside where it's warm!

Our meal today was beef tenderloin, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, and a jello salad for dessert that was made for the purpose of using up the last 2 bananas!
Respected Contributor

Have not felt real good today and did not cook,so DH got us some take out chicken.That sure did hit the spot today!

Honored Contributor

Homemade vegetable beef soup using the leftover beef tenderloin from Sunday.
Respected Contributor

1. Afternoon everyone. Sunny and in the low 40s here in Rhode island. I made Swedish meatballs with noodles and gravy. Today Ria made crescent dough with chickens ham cheddar cheese honey mustard. Both very good. Hope you all have a good week.
Respected Contributor

Snow-rain mix here in SE WI. Planning out snacks/dinner for Packer game later! Cocktail sausages simmered in whole berry cranberry sauce & grape jam, veggies & dip, crackers & cheese, chili with pick your toppings (cheese, chopped onions, oyster crackers, Fritos, sour cream) along with corn muffins. Dessert: fix your own ice cream sundaes. Toppings to include hot fudge sauce, maraschino cherries, chopped nuts. M&Ms, whipped cream, toffee bits. Wow, diet starts tomorrow! And it is only DH, DS and me!! Will put out plenty of veggies though. Cucumbers, jicama, carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, celery sticks, mini peppers. Everyone enjoy the weekend. Stay safe & take good care.