Respected Contributor

Whats cooking everyone for the month of june?

Good morning everyone. Were already into  new month. Today will be nice out   in the 70s.we haven't seen the sun since Thursday. Yestauday we ate with my mil we had pasta salad,potato salad ,potato and string bean salad, regular salad, fried artichokes,  hamburgers, hot dogs, steak .everything was very good. Hope we all have a month of June and we all eat well.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whats cooking everyone for the month of june?

The weather in my part of Pa. was miserable this weekend. We made the most of it though. We had burgers and baked beans, Mac salad and ice cream Monday. If it ever heats up I grill out a lot and use my crockpots a lot in the summer. I am one to never stop making soups. Enjoy your June everyone. ❤️🇺🇸🙌😎

Trusted Contributor

Already been ungodly hot here in Florida, UGH!  Today is the start of hurricane season.  UGH!  I am as prepared as I am going to be I think, I just need to get a couple of cases of water which I will do on my next grocery trip.  

Esteemed Contributor

First day we see the sun in 4 days.  I will be happily grilling eggplant slices today and making eggplant sandwiches with cheese and a bit of pasta sauce.   I am intrigued @Pooky1  Fried artichokes??

Respected Contributor

Linda Sal. You can buy frozen artichokes already cut and cleaned. Trader Joes sometimes has them and other stores to. Beat up a few eggs and in another dish put flower and add salt and pepper to eggs and flower. Add artichokes to flower then in egg and  fry them until golden brown.  Squeeze water out of artichokes before you flower an egg them.  Artichoke and cooked bacon are great on pizza to.good luck. I figured if you  were intrigued I would tell you how to make them. My mil will buy fresh baby artichokes when there are available but more of a big process.

Respected Contributor

Re: Whats cooking everyone for the month of june? 2021.

Thanks Pooky1 - appreciate you getting the train moving., I added the year, not sure that will work but I want to make sure my sometimes dull head will realize this is the correct June. LOL.

Yesterday I went and got a hot dog in a bun only with onions, fries and a Diet Pepsi.  I MUST have my hot dogs covered in mayo and they no longer  put mayo on their dogs. Brought it home and slopped it up good and it was sure good. That was my Memorial Day "cook out." Very quiet at my house except for the two cats - they always having something going.

Later today am hoping to get the front porch cleaned out - almost all the plants died in recent months. Am very sad about that and a lot of them were Mothers - lost her in 1994 yet so many of her plants survived. Only thing left out there now is snake plants and a couple of ivies. She had the porch enclosed and it gets really dusty and dirty too. Hopefully I will get some help.

Today Plan to toss a salad and still have enough of that yummy barbecued chicken for one sandwich. Works for me.

Hope all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

Happy June Everyone!  

Tonight we’re having zoodles with grilled chicken and copycat Olive Garden Alfredo sauce plus some roasted asparagus for dinner.  I’ll make an extra breast to use with the leftover sauce and will make a keto friendly Chicken Alfredo pizza with a tossed salad for dinner on Thursday.  Tomorrow night we’re eating out. 

My my sister is visiting in a couple weeks.  One of these days I plan to make some spinach & cheddar cheese egg bite muffins and some blueberry muffins in advance.  Both freeze well so it’ll be easy to thaw overnight and warm in the microwave.  I’ll probably do bacon in advance too, like the day before she arrives.   

Respected Contributor

Sounds like a lot of good cooking going on. Yesterday had hot dogs and french fries. Today I am making pork chops with parsley fried potatoes and sprouts.

Honored Contributor

Just dropping in ladies!

We usually grill (he wishes everything was still baked and tenderized in the oven with gravy!).

Love caramelized onions.  Tonight I added artichoke hearts (I washed in a colendar to get the spices off), we grilled flounder and had roasted whole okra which isn't in the least (drippy)!  He had some pan fried patatoes.  Me-no way!!!20210601_193259.jpg

Honored Contributor

Spaghetti and garlic bread for us tonight.