Respected Contributor

Re: Whats cooking everyone for the month of june?

[ Edited ]

@MOMMAVik    LOL, I just signed-on to share next week's menu:

Red Beans + Rice 
Chef Salad
Pizza (with WW 2 ingredient pizza crust) 
Cheeseburger + French Fries (3rd consecutive week on menu, I’ll get to it             eventually)

Yes, I try to stay organized in most regards as I believe, "It is easier to keep up than to catch up." 

Edited to add link to Tagliatelle w Brown-Butter,Asparagus,Spring Onions
Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good evening everyone. I just posted an empty post by mistake. Awesome day today. We had a Thunder storm last night and we got a ton of rain. I'm glad .yard and garden needed it. My wife made teriyaki burgers the other night with onion rings and and Monday she made a high bowl of chicken salad with white meat chicken, celery,Pecans ,dried cherries and mayo. With French fries. All was very good.  My wife is allso very organized.  She has menus planned thru the rest of the year. Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and you all eat well.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1, We are expecting rain here & really need it. Our tomato plants are growing but could use that rain too

Your chicken salad sounds delish. @RetiredLegalSecretary started a post about chicken salad & there are many good recipes there too. Now I am inspired to make some myself. Just because I can be lazy (lol) I will buy rotisserie chicken to get a headstart on the chicken. Our Kroger now sells chopped rotisserie chicken now & I have found it to be real handy.

Have a good weekend ahead!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tonight's dinner was simple and pulled together in 20 minutes. We could easily start binging on it.

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad.

*Romaine lettuce, chopped

*Ken's Steakhouse Creamy Caesar Dressing

*Grated Fresh Parmesan 

*Roasted Chicken Breasts, seasoned with Private Selection Cracked Peppercorn Seasoning Rub

Honored Contributor

There's a big family gathering at my sister's house this weekend.  We're ordering pizza tonight.  I am contributing a loaded tossed salad to go with it.  

Super Contributor

I always bring the "big tossed salad" to gatherings.   People often say that they don't want to take the time to make salads from scratch because of the prep.  My salads are always very popular.  I place leftovers in a Lock/Lock container with a paper towel on the bottom and one on the top....stays  fresh in the fridge for a few days.  Tomatoes are best served in a cluster on the side of the platter.  They should never be refrigerated.  

Basil pesto from scratch with my home grown herbs are in order this weekend.  Love homeade pesto!   If anyone has a craving for pesto the Kirland brand from Costco is very good.  I use that during the winter months.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suneshine wrote:

I always bring the "big tossed salad" to gatherings.   People often say that they don't want to take the time to make salads from scratch because of the prep.  My salads are always very popular.  I place leftovers in a Lock/Lock container with a paper towel on the bottom and one on the top....stays  fresh in the fridge for a few days.  Tomatoes are best served in a cluster on the side of the platter.  They should never be refrigerated.  

Basil pesto from scratch with my home grown herbs are in order this weekend.  Love homeade pesto!   If anyone has a craving for pesto the Kirland brand from Costco is very good.  I use that during the winter months.  

@Suneshine I ended up just having a large bowl of spring mix, spinach, and romaine and left all the toppings on the side so people could take what they wanted. People loved the salad.  

I have a jar of the Kirkland pesto in the fridge.  Planning to grill some chicken breasts, top with mozzarella and pesto next week.

Trusted Contributor

I just rotated my freezer stock and found that I have a larger-than-known supply of ground beef! I shall be getting creative...

Tonight, though, it's pork. Boneless pork chops coated in honey pineapple mustard and then rolled in bread crumbs, baked in the oven. Some type of green vegetable or a salad, along with cheese-filled breadsticks.

I have a large T-bone steak thawing in the refrigerator for use tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Recipes using strawberries and rhubarb.

Enjoyed an excellent hamburger steak coverd in onions and mushrooms with mashed potatoes at a diner yesterday along with a nice tossed salad.

Respected Contributor

Very muggy here but at least the air temps aren't too oppressing. Tonite will be mushroom & swiss topped burgers on the grill, sweet corn & watermelon.

Stay cool if you are in the path of the extreme heat. Try to check in on the elderly & those who might need help. Also, give extra attention to your pets.